32 pounds in 3 months (pics)

Options
ELM1414
ELM1414 Posts: 28 Member
I’ve always maintained my weight through exercise because I love food and don’t believe in dieting. When I started to pack on the pounds, I knew that there must be something wrong with me:laugh: . I started to record what I was eating so that I would be able to show the doctor! A friend told me about MFP and it wasn’t long before I realized that I wouldn’t need the appointment with the doctor.
The pounds started to melt away quickly; probably because I used to eat about 3x what I should have been eating. It took me about a week to get used to eating less but after that, it was easier. Exercise has always been part of my daily routine so that part wasn’t hard.
Then:
39297042.jpg
Now:
a85c7fb0.jpg
ebace3ae.jpg
Face Then:
bb2901df.jpg
Face Now:
366d3333.jpg
Then:
76bb20b5.jpg
Now:
80daeeec.jpg

In the 3 months that I’ve been a member, I have logged every day. I have only gone over on my calories once and I workout diligently. I eat what I want but I have cut back on alcohol considerably. In fact, the only time that I went over was after a night of drinking:drinker: . I had planned for the calories from the booze but I didn’t plan on the hangover cravings and the inability to workout post-drinking. I learned my lesson.
What works for me:
Workouts:
I have Jillian Michael’s DVD’s.
30 Day Shred
30 Day Shed and Shred
Ripped in 30
6 Week 6 Pack
The kickboxing DVD and the kettlebell DVD.
I have never stuck to the routine of doing the same workout for 10 days in a row. I believe in mixing it up so I do a different DVD each time. I use 10 pound weights for most of the strength training and I hold my 3 pound weights during most of the cardio for a little extra burn. The results have been phenomenal. I am pear shaped and these workouts have really improved my shape. The loss started in my back, then thighs, hips and butt, and now abs and chest:frown: . This is the opposite of how I usually lose so I’m quite happy.
I also run a few times a week. When I run I like to do HITtraining. I run for 1 minute at 6mph or a little faster and then a minute at 7mph. This has really helped with my speed and endurance as well as my weight loss.
I also swim, ride my horses, bike, play volleyball, golf, and I hike daily with my dogs (my dog has lost 22 pounds as well:smile: ). I love to go to BodyPump class and I would attend regularly if the gym was closer.
Food:
I am surrounded by people who snack constantly. The trick is to have healthy snacks on hand. Don’t deprive yourself of anything or you will fall off the wagon. I eat chocolate everyday because if I couldn’t, I wouldn’t be doing this.
Lifestyle:
I look at everything as an opportunity to burn calories. I have never understood people who say they want to lose weight but drive around a parking lot looking for the closest parking space. Move your body. Mow the lawn, vacuum, hand wash the dishes, do 10 squats every time you go pee, just move. Ladies, don’t be afraid to carry your own groceries or to bring the 50 pound bag of dog food in from the car. Lifting is THE best way to boost your metabolism. Think of how much your purse weighs, or how much your kids weigh and then try to tell yourself that you can’t lift heavy.
Find some supportive friends:
I don’t have a lot of friends on here but the friends I have log daily and workout hard. They are supportive and they don’t make excuses.

Replies

• laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • melo78
    melo78 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thanks for the motivation! I am the same, I workout everyday --but now I need to commit to logging everyday. Keep up the good work!
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Awesome...and thanks for the tips!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    Awesome results!!
  • timarii
    timarii Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Kudos! Best part is that you answered the FAQs in the original post which I think should be required for ALL success story posts along with b/a pics and starting weight, height, current weight and goal.

Go you!
  • MissSjolin
    MissSjolin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Awesome loss!! love the pics :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!