Options
mandamama
mandamama Posts: 250
Anyone have a good pad thai recipe?

Replies

• mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    This is one I have come across... http://sveltegourmand.com/5038_pad-thai-without-the-pounds but I am wondering if anyone else has one :)
  • amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Here is mine....after a few tries, I feel like I've mastered it :-)

Serves 2:
    2 cups flat rice noodles (I even use fettucine when I cannot find rice noodles, whole wheat saves calories!)

3 T. Soy Sauce
    3 T. Lime Juice
    2 T. Brown Sugar

1 Egg
    2 T. Minced Garlic (fresh or jarred)
    1/4 cup chopped scallions
    Tofu or Chicken if wanted - I use 3 oz per serving
    1 T. Olive Oil
    Cilantro
    Chopped Peanuts

Mix the soy sauce, brown sugar and lime juice until the sugar is dissolved. Cook the pasta until it's al dente, and set aside. Saute the garlic and scallions in the olive oil until tender. Add the egg and beat slightly. Cook until the egg is slightly undercooked and runny. Add the noodles and soy-lime mixture. Mix well and continue cooking for about 3 minutes.

Top with cilantro and chopped peanuts.
  • casherrill76
    casherrill76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Here's a more authentic-looking recipe: http://savorysweetlife.com/2009/06/a-favorite-thai-stir-fry-noodle-dish-at-home-pad-thai-recipe/

I don't think my husband measures when he makes it, but if I can pull a followable recipe out of him (or just stand behind him and videotape), I'll post it for you. The above link looks to have the right ingredients, at least, though I can't vouch for the proportions. Tamarind and palm sugar are musts -- there's no way to get the right flavor without them. Besides, mixing in the tamarind with your hands is half the fun. :)
  • VirtuousVal
    VirtuousVal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Here is mine....after a few tries, I feel like I've mastered it :-)

Serves 2:
    2 cups flat rice noodles (I even use fettucine when I cannot find rice noodles, whole wheat saves calories!)

3 T. Soy Sauce
    3 T. Lime Juice
    2 T. Brown Sugar

1 Egg
    2 T. Minced Garlic (fresh or jarred)
    1/4 cup chopped scallions
    Tofu or Chicken if wanted - I use 3 oz per serving
    1 T. Olive Oil
    Cilantro
    Chopped Peanuts

Mix the soy sauce, brown sugar and lime juice until the sugar is dissolved. Cook the pasta until it's al dente, and set aside. Saute the garlic and scallions in the olive oil until tender. Add the egg and beat slightly. Cook until the egg is slightly undercooked and runny. Add the noodles and soy-lime mixture. Mix well and continue cooking for about 3 minutes.

Top with cilantro and chopped peanuts.

Bump this to save for later!
    Elephantbutt.gif
  • youallonsy
    youallonsy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    sounds good, have to try it
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • eyestylemom