Raw or Vegan Protein Powder

Options
Does anyone have a suggestion for Raw or Vegan Protein powder? I'll almost consider Whey...

What's your favorite? :)

Replies

• Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Kale
  • LisaDunn01
    LisaDunn01 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Sun Warrior has all sorts of raw vegan protein powders - check them out! www.sunwarrior.com
    (You can also find them on www.amazon.com)
    17 grams of protein per scoop!
  • elm2008
    elm2008 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    ive been using rice protein from truenutrition.com. its around 110 calories for 24g protein i think. It's pretty grainy but it's not terrible. Takes some getting used to but comes in sooo many different flavors and is very cheap.
    I've also tried their vegan optimizer which is a blend of a couple different vegan proteins. Same numbers for the most part, just even more grainy and not very mixable.
  • 33Peaches33
    33Peaches33 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Vega One is really good. I drink it every day.

•50% daily intake of vitamins and minerals
    •15 g protein
    •6 g fibre
    •1.5 g Omega-3
    •Antioxidants
    •Probiotics
    •Greens

http://myvega.com/products/vega-one-shake/features-benefits
  • lady267
    lady267 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Vega is really good, but it is on the pricier side and is shockingly high in sodium.
  • Carla2299
    Carla2299 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I like both sun warrior and vega. They are really good....the vega one is the recovery one. The Vega One is too greeny for me
  • CO12294
    CO12294 Posts: 2
    Options
    I really like the Sunwarrior products. I just started using MRM Veggie recently, mostly because my local shop has it, and I'm not concerned about it being strictly raw.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    We have Nutribiotic Rice Protein in vanilla. It's all right.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Vega is the one I use most frequently
  • RawVeganFlirt
    RawVeganFlirt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i use Garden of Life's raw organic protein powder, chocolate flavor :)

90 cals, 17g of protein, gluten free, probiotic, sodium free i think?, and no added sugar
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I like Vega (chocolate, berry, vanilla chai and tropical are all good) and I have tried 3 other rice protein powders and like all of them.

I don't like hemp based (taste terrible) and the soy ones were not high enough in protein for the calories in a serving.
  • ladyfingers73
    ladyfingers73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i use Garden of Life's raw organic protein powder, chocolate flavor :)

90 cals, 17g of protein, gluten free, probiotic, sodium free i think?, and no added sugar

I love Jordan Ruben so was thinking about that, but how does it taste??? :)

Thanks everyone for the comments, I'm going to look into them!
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I use the unflavored Garden of Life RAW Protein. It does not have much of a flavor or texture to me (compared to what I had before, whey and then soy based, I think).

I either use it in my smoothie, or toss it in a bit of water with a dash of pomegranate juice and drink it after a quick mixing.

It is my favorite protein powder, so far.
  • inkandsheep
    inkandsheep Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I always use raw hemp protein. There are different brands... It's just hemp, no chemicals added in, and fairly cheap compared to some others!
  • LunaHare
    LunaHare Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I use the hemp protein powders as there is nothing else added to it. Also I have some split pea protein too in case I run out :)
  • Barribomb
    Barribomb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    SO happy to have found this thread, been looking for this info for a while now!
  • MrsH2132012
    MrsH2132012 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I use Growing Naturals - Raw Whole Grain Brwon Rice Isolate protein.

Love it! I have triedn Sun Warrior and am currently looking at Sprout Living Epic Protein but the Amino Acid profile is the best on Growing Naturals
  • mrtobias50
    mrtobias50 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I use all three flavors of Vega. Mixes easily and good nutrients - and good flavor...