Keep gaining, need a reversal of bad luck

Options
I just got married two months ago, and my husband and I are both overweight. Together we are at 569lbs, and we want to get that to around 385. My problem is my sweet and grease tooth, which my husband shares.
We joined a gym today! No classes are offered - its a basic gym with machines and weights, but it's about 20 minutes closer to home than the gym with classes, so we will more likely attend. And we have the Wii Fit, but I need a new ac adapter before I can use it.
I'm an MBA student studying for a degree in public accountancy. Actually, I start next week. EEK. DH is a disabled veteran from the Navy.
We both want to lose weight to be healthier in general, and so we can start a family. I am at my heaviest ever, and don't want my weight to be a complication in pregnancy.
I'm hoping that MFP can give me support, and that I can offer support to others, too. i really need accountability, and to make some friends who are interested in losing weight too.

Replies

• pinkroseacct
    Options
    I should have read more before posting. Forgot one question for other users - can anyone be my friend? :)