Help me over the weekend!!

Options
Well its day 5 for me now and so far I have lost 3lbs, which I am over the moon about!!! the trouble is it is soon to be the weekend and we are off to Pizza Express tomorrow for my grandsons birthday, is there anybody out there can help me get through it without having to resort to stapling my mouth shut, cos I love a Pizza, the thicker the better, mm making my mouth water thinking about it? HELP HELP HELP

Replies

• burner
    burner Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Don't get suckered in to having a salad and think it might be better...cos it'll probably have loadsa dressing etc.

Look up the calories online before you go and decide what you can and can't have - therefore you'll be in control before you go and won't be worrying or diving into a 12" pizza blind...

Can't beat a good pizza!

Good luck and enjoy a couple of slices! :wink:
  • Stuvlog
    Stuvlog Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You poor thing! I love pizza too, but i'm a thin crust fan rather than thick, why not just to for a half an hour walk? Walking is a great way to work off pizza and anything else for that matter!

Number of calories a 150-pound person burns walking at a moderate pace (3 mph):

TIME DISTANCE CALORIES BURNED
    10 minutes 0.5 miles 44
    20 minutes 1 mile 88
    30 minutes 1.5 miles 132
    40 minutes 2 miles 176
    50 minutes 2.5 miles 219
    60 minutes 3 miles 263

Number of calories a 150-pound person burns walking at a brisk pace (4 mph):

TIME DISTANCE CALORIES BURNED
    10 minutes .67 miles 61
    20 minutes 1.33 mile 122
    30 minutes 2 miles 183
    40 minutes 2.67 miles 244
    50 minutes 3.33 miles 305
    60 minutes 4 miles 366

Pizza, Margherita, Pizza Express
    Calories in 100g of pizza

Calories 195.0kcal
    Carbohydrate 30.5g
    Protein 10.2g
    Fat 3.6g
    Fibre 1.4g
  • DaisyClaire
    DaisyClaire Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree with burner - some Pizza Express pizzas are loaded with calories and fat and some are surprisingly low. The Marguerita and La Reine tend to have less. I would look them up on their website (they're pretty good at having the calorie content) and I understand they have some new year lower fat options. Having a salad will just make you feel like you're missing out. Just have a pizza but chew slowly and don't order the calorific extras, wine, garlic bread and pudding! Good luck and enjoy your weekend out!
  • kcfva122
    Options
    Something I do to help me get through a food-laden weekend (like this one - going to Austin to visit my sister - more restaurants per capita than any other city) is to change my goals to "maintain" for that day or for several days, depending. It has worked for me - I've still lost 19 pounds in 3 months!

Enjoy some pizza (and a big salad on the side).

Karen
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Could you eat a bunch of grapes or berries before going to help fill you up? Try the 3 bite rule. For bite is to see if you like it (you already know you do), second bite is to enjoy, third bite is to say enough. Make them BIG bites :)

Also, don't be surprised if your weight fluctuates up as a lot of pizzas are high in salt which will make you retain water for a few days. So make sure you drink plenty of water to flush you out.

Have a great time!
  • Ruby53
    Ruby53 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Well thank you guys, you have helped no end and I shall take what you have said onboard, I shall think of you all when I order!!:laugh:
  • Ruby53
    Options
    Wow I have just googled Pizza Express and calories in their dishes!!! I think I might just go shopping when they all go and eat? its a real eye popper, I think it will be a child's menu for me........:noway:
  • Ruby53
    Options
    Wow I have just googled Pizza Express and calories in their dishes!!! I think I might just go shopping when they all go and eat? its a real eye popper, I think it will be a child's menu for me........:noway: