NuWave infrared oven...,

Options
Anyone have one? Saw it on an informercial last nite. Supposed to make food healthier by cooking put more fats. Says you can put frozn chicken breasts on them, grill begs at the same time. I want one so bad! If you have one, do u use it often ?

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I have no actual opinion on the product.. but I have listened to their phone calls (at work, I do quality control) and it sounds VERY gimmicky. Plus they auto-ship you a bunch of crap and sell you faster shipping/other 'cooking supplies' without you really noticing it and then upsell you on two separate pitches (about saving money) afterwards without you realizing it.

Never order off of tv!
  • skipresimont
    Options
    Make sure you read all of the reviews. The customer service is horrible and the glass top is known for cracking. I heard they will send you 1 replacement, and then after that you have to pay for it. I ordered one off of Amazon, and then read the reviews, then cancelled the order. The concept sounds great, but not sure about the quality.
  • raylenebrooks
    raylenebrooks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I do not own one but saw a bunch on clearance at walmart, looked up reviews while I was there and they were pretty mixed so I decided I didnt need it but check your local walmart this was recent you may be able to get it for closer to $50 :)
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for the insight ! I told the lady on the phone I wasn't sure about it, she's called me twice yesterday & twice today ! I need to go to Walmart & check to see if they have them ! She keeps adding things to sweeten the deal. :huh:
  • ipag
    ipag Posts: 137
    Options
    I own two of them and they are awesome, at first I was unsure too but my wife pressured me into getting one. I broke down because using our oven or stove would set off the fire alarm in our apartment every single time I turned either of them on. I'm sure glad she did. I use it every single day, sometimes twice a day. It always is consistent, after use for well over a year. It has a bit of difficulty with bigger pieces of meat like pork roast, turkey breasts and roast beef as in you'll have to cook it longer than the instructions direct. In terms of chops, steaks, chicken breasts and every veggie known to man it works wonderful.

We also looked into the nuwave mini, now that thing doesn't work at all. I definitely would not recommend the mini however the big nuwave is more than I expected it to be. The mini doesn't cook anything properly. You usually have to double the cooking time and during the process dries out every piece of food you put in it.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I had one and loved it. Sadly it died after many long years of use.

I liked most everything cooked in it except meat. I thought that got a bit dry unless I wrapped in foil first. Potatoes turned out really good in it.

It was really great for pizza, pizza rolls, fries, etc. as it crisped those up nicely without using oils (on the fries and pizza rolls not the pizza -- ick).
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Did anyone's dome lid crack ? Amazons reviews just totally turned me off. Hmmm, seems like there might be a few lemons out there.
  • ipag
    ipag Posts: 137
    Options
    My domes are just fine
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Love it, love it, love it! I cooked pork loin chops tonight from frozen on it and they are very juicy. Chicken breasts come out great as does steak. Burgers are still juicy too. Does a great job with bacon.

I just had lap band surgery and have to be careful not to eat dry meat. Cooking it on the Nu Wave solves that problem for me. I've had mine for 7 years now with no problems.
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I created a NuWave Group for those who are interested:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10332-nuwave-oven

I ordered mine 3 months ago and got a Pro and a Mini with the upgraded Power Dome. Everything seems pretty solid. Foods come out juicy, veggies are tasty(a biggie for me!), and I've saved alot of time not having to defrost my boneless/skinless chicken breasts/thighs.