Keeping track at Parties

Options
What is a good way to keep track at parties where there are a tables full of stuff to sample? Like a "Wine and Food tasting from around the world" Event. I'm thinking "just give it up for that event" kinda thing but thought someone might have a good method?

Replies

• djgoveia
    Options
    The best way to deal with parties is to decide what you're going to eat before you go. Learn what foods are highest in fat and calories and avoid those foods, or only take a very small "taste". I usually have a protein shake before I go to a party so I'm not hungry when I get there and I'm less tempted! Sipping on water with lemon or hot tea with lemon also curbs the need to munch, and heading for the vegetable tray first is like eating free food if you focus on the greens (green pepper, celery cucumber, zuchinni). Good luck!
  • LisaNBorchers
    Options
    Add some extra time to your workout. An extra 30 mins or the tread mill can be 200+ calories burned. This is what I do, we don't socialize durning the week only on weekends. I make sure that I eat a lot of celery and cucumbers through out the day to stay full and add extra cardio to my day. It makes the red wine taste O SO MUCH BETTER:)

Good luck!
  • MaryleeUSA
    MaryleeUSA Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    another thing i've hear (haven't done it) is to take a picture of your plate with your cell phone. Then you'll know what you ate (as long as you only eat off a plate and don't graze all evening).
  • MaryleeUSA
    MaryleeUSA Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's a good one!