consistantly under my calorie allowance

Options
Is there anything bad about being under my daily calorie (1250) calorie allowance? I'm often in the 900-1100 range, except for this past weekend. I think i'm getting enough protein - I eat lean meat and low fat cheese, plus I often have non-fat yogurt. I usually have a piece of fruit for a snack and plain oatmeal for breakfast.

I don't really know what "starvation mode" is.

I would show my food diary, but I don't know how to change the setting.

Replies

• mandersatx
    Options
    Top right corner of the page, Settings is 3rd from the right going left. Click, then click diary settings. Scroll to the bottom and set it to either public or friends. As far as the calories go, I workout everyday and make sure I eat at least 1200 calories a day. Especially if you are just getting started, going below that gives you know where to go if you plateau. Add a couple of pieces of fruit with a tbsp of peanut butter as a snack.
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    You should really try to eat more or it will eventually slow down your metabolism and you will stop losing. 1,200 is generally the least amt. of calories your body needs a day to function. If you can try to add in some foods like almonds or peanut butter to your day...high in calories and good fats for your body. I wish I had a problem w/ not eating enough....:laugh:
    Good luck!
  • SuziQueue
    SuziQueue Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Go to Settings at the very top of the page, click on it, then click on diary, and scroll to the bottom to set privacy. I don't think there is anything wrong with going under - I just wouldn't go under 900 often.
  • Raaless
    Raaless Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have the same issue. I try hard to ensure that I have enough calorie intake. However, since I reprogrammed myself into a healthy eating lifestyle and exercise, I find that I am less hungry. Some days I force myself to eat extra, to ensure that body doesn't go into starvation mode. I seriously don't know what to do either. Would love some answers. I have another 33 pounds minimum to lose!
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'll try to add more. I don't want to eat after dinner, but I wouldn't mind adding in a bit more for breakfast.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    you are hitting your protein goal because it is incredibly low
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    EAT! you should be getting 1200 at LEAST...and adding more when you exercise. I am not saying to add ALL of your exercise calories back. There is room for error as the burn may be an estimate. But if you eat 800 for the say and burn 300 that is not nearly enough food to keep you going.

I was at 1200 when I started on here and didnt lose weight for a while. I did some reading and upped my calories. I eat 1400 on days i do NOTHING, and 1900 to 2000 on days i lift and kick *kitten* at the gym...thats when i started dropping weight.

i reset my macros...i try to get 100 to 125g of protein every day, and let the rest fall into place.

good luck... and EAT
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    hopefully I made my food diary public now.
    I'll try to get closer to 1100-1200 calories. I don't add in the small splash of creamer in my coffee (i drink around 4 cups a day) or all the water I drink (a lot).
    i'll try adding in a chicken cutlet - more calories and protein.