Hello Everyone at myfitnesspal!!

Options
So, I just happened upon this site when I was looking for nutritional information on Great Value oatmeal. I have tried few other sites like this recently and have been slightly impressed! I am looking forward to seeing what is new and different here. So far I am very impressed. I even emailed a friend I work with and told her to check this out. :)
Okay, so about me. As a child I was always active and skinny...that all changed after I hit my 20s....how annoying. LOL!! I have never been terribly overweight, my highest weight was 192. For me it really isn't about image but how I feel in my skin and my cloths. I hate to be uncomfortable. Well, about 2 years ago I got to my goal weight of 144 with Weight Watchers. Well, money got tight and I couldn't go to the meetings any longer and it got hard for me to stay focused. Well, I went back up to 167. UGH!!! I tried to start doing it again on my own but without the meetings and the support I failed again. I have bounced back and forth between 160 something and 152 (my lowest lately). I want to stop depending on meetings and others and do this for real on my own. I am at 159 right now and determined to get to 144 and stay close to that.
I was working out 4 to 5 days a week for 3 months but got sick and slid off my treadmill! UGH! I have been slowly getting back to it. My biggest issue of the moment is my portions at dinner. I am good eating all day long but dinner comes and I lose my mind.
Goal #1 - getting my dinner portions under control!
Goal #2 - work out 3 - 4 days a week!!!

:) Look forward to my new journey!

Replies

• SunshineLady
    SunshineLady Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I found this by accident last year. If I can be of help, please let me know.
  • emahjain
    Options
    best of luck to you i'm a newbie too. i found this website when playing with my boyfriend's iPhone.
    it's nice but scary to see the content of the food i eat. it's made me look at my protion control in the evenings maybe it will for you too?
    i know what it's like bouncing between weights. i was so determined last time i was a nice size that i through out all my 'fat' clothes but now nothing fits! :(
    what kind of work out do you do at the gym? i'm hoping to go along a few times a week too.
    best of luck xx
  • J13Raven
    Options
    Oh, I am so hoping it helps me with my portions in the evening. :) It has already inspired me to work out. I wasn't going to but when see what you get back from doing it, it really helps.
    I actually don't go to a gym, I like working out at home. I have the Wii and Wii Fit Plus. Plus, I have a ton of DVDs. :) I like to try to get up in the morning so it is done and over with but I haven't been so successful lately! LOL!!! I will work on that.
  • J13Raven
    Options
    Thank you so much! That is great to know. :)
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    welcome to an awesome site that is full of friendly people that have alot of support and motivation to give ...... best of luck to you on your weight loss journey
  • J13Raven
    Options
    Thank you Megan!! :flowerforyou:
  • chubbyhousewife
    Options
    Welcome to the site, I'm new too and its helping me track what I am eating.

I am the same portion wise so bought myself a smaller plate so it looks like my plate is full but i'm not having the big portion sizes.

Good luck with your weight loss.