Best shoes for dance fitness, Turbofire, Turbo Jam, etc

Options
I'm taking a really intense dance fitness class at my gym, and I just can't find the right shoes. I need something that is supportive and cushioned for all the jumping, jumping squats, and lateral moves that we do, and I also need the sole to move and not stick to the floor for the dancey moves that we do. I've tried two pairs of Rykas and they were both terrible. My foot slid around a lot in the Synergy and was not supported, and the Enhance came up way too far on my ankle and made me feel like I was wearing a snowboarding boot.

Any suggestions from people who do high impact jumping workouts with some dancing or lateral moves thrown in there?

Replies

• Morgaine_on_the_move
    Morgaine_on_the_move Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    The one that I'm currently using is not the most cushioned but I feel ok jumping with it although some of the reviews said that people felt like they were going to twist their ankle. Although I can see where they might say that, I don't think it is an issue but it doesn't have an outer foot support. It is the Asics Gel Rhythmic. It doesn't stick to the floor and is great for movement though.

A couple people in my classes wear the Reebok *Zigs. I don't know about the stickiness but it seems to have the support for jumps and for lateral movements.

*ETA - I thought it was the Realflex but looks like it is the Zigs. Zappos has one that is called the ZigRhythm? Maybe those are them.
  • shellyk972
    shellyk972 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I wear these for zumba. I went to a dance store to get fitted.. they are sized differently than regular shoes, then bought them on amazon for a lot less..

http://www.amazon.com/Bloch-Womens-Canvas-Boost-Sneaker/dp/B0041IXKO0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1345518899&sr=8-2&keywords=bloch+dance+sneakers
  • jeromiesmith
    jeromiesmith Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just got a pair of shoes fitted at a running store if you tell them what you are doing they will place you in a shoe that proforms the way you want and they have really good exchange policy's
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Jeromie...sorry to disagree with you...running shoes are good for running, however, too much lateral movement for Zumba type activities.

Shelly..boost are good, wife used those, also saw others in them....however, biggest complaint was the high of the forefoot and heel causing too much roll..

The best shoes i've seen so far for this would be New Balance Minimus Zero

http://www.newbalance.com/Minimus-Zero-Trail/WT00,default,pd.html?dwvar_WT00_color=Cherry Tomato&start=3&cgid=267000

not cheap, but worth it. The low profile forefoot gives very good lateral stability, which is crucial....

• fonitoni
    fonitoni Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    have you tried the shoe slips? It's an elasticized piece that fits around your favorite shoe. I've even seen them at the checkout line at Wal-Mart
  • Morgaine_on_the_move
    Morgaine_on_the_move Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Maybe I will try the Zigs, if I can find some that aren't for running. It's important to have cross training shoes instead of running shoes for this.