I Got 99 Problems but a Big Mac Ain't One

Options
Ever since I join MFP, I have not had fast food at all.....and to tell you the truth...I don't miss it!!!

Replies

• kalwine
    Options
    It really makes you think, doesn't it?! I'm going to Subway today but before I go ANYWHERE I check the nutritional values FIRST. Had to go to a work dinner last night at Ruby Tuesday's and I felt like I spent all day stressing about what to eat, but in the end I chose something really simple... low in calories... low in fat AND it tasted great. Keep up the great work!
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I just HAD to have a McRib one day, but that's it so far. And I didn't get fries, which are normally my big weakness.
  • nevillejohnb
    Options
    It does make you think....great job on the dinner selection :-)
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! I never was much for fast food but taco bell is my weakness.
  • jo69
    jo69 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Lol.. I feel you on that one...that's the direction I have to focus on not eating out at all for awhile..thanks..
    Happy Weight Loss!!:flowerforyou:
  • nevillejohnb
    Options
    I think it is okay to to indulge once in a while but don't get off track....that should be the realistic goal.
  • nevillejohnb
    Options
    Happy weight loss Jo!!!
  • emahjain
    Options
    great to hear the good news.
    i've been eating cereal's for my lunch. i do usually end up having two bowls but it's better than the food the canteen produce and i feel more alert in the afternoon too :o)
  • nevillejohnb
    Options
    I think I will try that as well emahjain ....thanks
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    I love the title of this thread!!!

Me too! I'm not missing fast food either!! (McDonalds for me)
  • nevillejohnb
    Options
    Thanks Ashia...keep it up!!!
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten McDonalds since I saw that documentary "Super Size Me". What a wake up call! Just looking up foods on this site is full of surprises ... I was shocked how many calories my 'healthy' fruit and nut snack has. Great work everybody on smart food choices, and great title for this thread nevillejohnb!
  • pz5wjj
    pz5wjj Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    No, I'm not missing fast food either... Just thinking about how I feel afterward makes me sick to my stomach. And I agree, Supersize Me was a HUGE eye opener! If you've not seen it, you must!
  • JaneanAriel
    JaneanAriel Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love this TITLE! lol
  • tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    LOL @ your title!

I actually had Chick-Fil-A on Saturday and it was only because I was shopping ALL day and hadn't eaten ANYTHING. And maaaan when I logged my calories in on MFP I was PERPLEXED. One fast food meal pratically used all of my DAILY calories.. whoa!
  • mariaprice1
    Options
    Yup, fast food is NOT the bizness. gotta look up all the nutritional info before going to get something to eat. Fast food is not my weakness tho, i have problems with sweets and juices/coke. Once I shake those, im good. Everything in moderation I guess!! I noticed that if you do a grilled chicken sandwich and side salad (at Wendy and chick-fil-a) the calories, fats and carbs arent that bad. But a big mac-thats a NO-GO.
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    LOL @ your title!

I actually had Chick-Fil-A on Saturday and it was only because I was shopping ALL day and hadn't eaten ANYTHING. And maaaan when I logged my calories in on MFP I was PERPLEXED. One fast food meal pratically used all of my DAILY calories.. whoa!

It is amazing isn't it? I was shocked to see the amount of calories and sodium in my fave fast food meals. Even choices I thought were healthier- like chicken nuggets and such - have an amazing amount of sodium in them. It really does eat into your daily allotment!

Great job to those who have been able to resist temptation! And for those of us who gave in once in a while - just remember everything in moderation!
  • MsT4u
    MsT4u Posts: 10
    Options
    I just had to reply to a Topic with that title, lol.

I have only had a slice of Sbarros pizza since 12/28 and I am really proud of myself. I am a self confessed junk food/fast food eater. I am just trying to focus on staying away from my triggers: sugar (mostly chocolate), carbs (bread, fries) and keeping myself busy. I don't really miss it but I am tempted, especially when people are around me with it. I just keep reminding myself how bad I feel shortly after I am finished eating that junk. My brother was diagnosed with diabetes last week, so that was definitely an extra push for me as well.

Keep up the great work everyone!:bigsmile:
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm so pleased to see everyone staying away from fast food. I don't miss it either & working from home really helps b/c fast food is what I would eat everyday for lunch (Wendy's is my FF joint). I did indulge in 2 slices of pizza from my local pizza shop last night though!!! I feel great, I didn't feel icky, I didn't kick myself from breaking b/c I know I had a great workout & was well within my calorie intake for the day including my workout cals. So, I am feeling GOODAH!!!!

Keep up the great work Fam!

P.S. I to love this title!!! :blushing:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of the fast food anymore either. I'll stop and grab something reasonable in a pinch, but try to plan ahead.

That said, I do still enjoy some Chic Fil A nuggets and a side salad from time to time. I love that place, and it is one of the better options.

Couldn't help responding to a post with this title. Love it.