only 1000 today...

Options
today was my first day back at school and i don't know if it was because i was so busy or just so tired but here i am at the end of the day with only 1002 calories logged. i am exhausted and not hungry at all but i know that eating too few calories is not good either.. any suggestions (aside from peanut butter... i really can't even handle a spoonful of that right now).. is it a terrible thing if i don't meet the minimum recommended calories for just this one day?

Replies

• jenichenny
    jenichenny Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I don't think one day will undo any diet. If it becomes a habit maybe throw nuts in your backpack for higher calorie snack.
  • stinamarie17
    stinamarie17 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    thank you for the suggestion.. i'm going to start stocking up on healthy higher cal snacks for throughout the day... when i'm so busy sometimes i just forget to eat or don't feel hungry all together!
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    if its one day you're fine. try not to make it a consistent habit because then you risk doing harm to your body and your progress. i agree with the above about packing snacks. protein bars, cheese stick, trail nut mix. whatever it takes to get a healthy snack in there during your busy days.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Without your diary being public and not knowing what you goal limit is, 1000 cals may be ok or may be way under. I'm guessing that it's probably ok every now and again. Like the previous post, if it becomes habit, you may want to throw some stuff in your bag, and snack on it throughout the day.
  • stinamarie17
    Options
    i'm set at 1520 per day.. for the most part i meet my goal with no problem or just barely go under...
  • lehmann75
    Options
    Oh yeah, I'd say you're fine. If I have a low cal day or two, I usually eat a bit more decadently the next. It's really not a bad thing, in fact alternating high and low calorie days can actually help when progress stalls out.
  • stinamarie17
    Options
    thanks for your input! i actually just ate a yogurt and some pretzels to get up to the 1200 mark... i agree though i have alternated my calorie intake in the past and it definitely helped with my plateau.
  • Meraid
    Meraid Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I once ate so high one day that I decided to eat quite low the next. I netted about 250 calories. I ate 500 ish and burned 300 ish and the next day I ate 1000 then from then on I ate 1200 give or take 100. :) Never deterred me. Not the best way but one or two days is not going to hurt you. There are people who only eat 500 two days of the week (that IF stuff) So you're fine!
    I find almonds are a great way to up your calories though.