Help with Pre Gym Snacks

Oompa_Loompa
Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
Hellooo. I can't go to the gym without having a little snack before otherwise I'll feel weak and like im going to pass out. But I dont know what I can have that would be healthy andddd filling? Does anyone have suggestions??

Replies

• I try to have a piece of fruit or a fruit smoothie about 30-45 min's prior to going to the gym. The carb's and sugars help boost your energy.
  • lwest008
    lwest008 Posts: 26 Member
    Depending on what time of day and how hungry I am, here my go-to snacks for before a workout that are not too heavy but give me the energy I need to make it through:

- Almonds & an apple (200 cals) - usually before my morning workout and I eat breakfast after
    - Low-fat cheese string (60 cal)
    - Microwaveable edemame (100 cal)
    - Grapes (100 cals)
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Depending on what time of day and how hungry I am, here my go-to snacks for before a workout that are not too heavy but give me the energy I need to make it through:

- Almonds & an apple (200 cals) - usually before my morning workout and I eat breakfast after
    - Low-fat cheese string (60 cal)
    - Microwaveable edemame (100 cal)
    - Grapes (100 cals)

I go right from work like around 5ish
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 336 Member
    Definitely go with a banana. A big one (and maybe slightly under-ripe, certainly not over ripe, and not one of those little sweet ones since they have a higher GI).

It sits there the whole time you're at the gym just stopping you feeling hungry, but it doesn't slosh around making you feel sick either. You'll probably find you can stay at the gym longer if you aren't hungry after a short while too!

Just don't start making dinner to late due to lack of hunger after gym, because you don't want your last meal in the day just before you sleep!
This discussion has been closed.