When / how do you weigh?

Options
Do you weigh with clothes and shoes on, my shoes weigh approx 0.596g should I weigh my gym clothes and shoes and then minus that weight from my result ?

This is with clothes and shoes - 106.7 before workout and 107.2 after workout. ( i think I'll keep tracking the after workout result cause thats when I first started weighing myself it was after workout. Or maybe I should change it now and start doing pre workout weighing?? What do you think, what do you do ?

Replies

• MissAlyGator
    Options
    I always weigh without clothes or shoes because then there's no reason to subtract or anything like that. I think whenever you weigh is fine, just as long as you are consistent. I like to weight on friday or saturday because then it motivates me to behave on the weekend. :)
  • natalieg9199
    Options
    I weigh on a Thursday morning (no real reason for the day, I think I started my 'diet' on a Thursday), with only my underwear on and before eating breakfast.
  • jesshall281
    Options
    Well im no expert, but ive heard while exercising you retain water, so you will weigh heavier after your workout. so rather do it before.

But the best is in the morning, after you have been to the toilet, on an empty stomach and minimal clothing :)
  • Gemima19
    Options
    I weigh myself on a Monday.. Not sure why, maybe it makes me work harder during the week to burn off all my weekend naughty habbits. I also weigh myself naked. Like some of the other girls have noted ; no reason to sit there and wonder "how much do i minus for clothes/shoes etc.." I don't weigh myself after a work out especially because of all the water I drink.. I agree - first thing in the morning :)
  • neilegni
    neilegni Posts: 36
    Options
    Is it generally accepted that weighing once a week is a good plan?
  • questiontheanswers
    questiontheanswers Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Most people will tell you to weigh once a week but I actually weigh every day, mostly out of habit and general curiosity. My weight can fluctuate within several pounds from day to day, so I don't put much emphasis on it. Whenever I hit a new low, I log it and move on. I weigh after using the bathroom right after I wake up in what I wore to sleep the night before (basically always chonies and a tank top).

Edited to correct my spelling errors.
  • KettleBellHoe
    Options
    naked after my `movement`lol
  • marc8686
    marc8686 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    my official weekly weigh-in is every monday morning as soon as i roll out of bed before i even drink water or take vitamins or anything wearing nothing but boxer shorts. you want the day to be consistent and do it first thing in the morning to keep whats in your stomache consistent. weighing after exercise or after meals or with certain clothes/shoes on will ruin your consistency. the fewer variables the better. and i always make sure to stand on the scale in the exact same place and balance my weight the exact same way, I even match the scale up with the exact same tiles on the floor. all you big guys out there know how just a slight shift in your body weight or standing with your feet closer to the center of the scale or something can throw off the weight. that is unless you own a $200 scale lol. getting one that weighs 400+ lbs is a pain in the butt anyway
  • marc8686
    Options
    Most people will tell you to weigh once a week but I actually weigh every day, mostly out of habit and general curiosity. My weight can fluctuate within several pounds from day to day, so I don't put much emphasis on it. Whenever I hit a new low, I log it and move on. I weigh after using the bathroom right after I wake up in what I wore to sleep the night before (basically always chonies and a tank top).

Edited to correct my spelling errors.

i see nothing wrong with weighing once a week, as long as you follow the same rules about consistency. first thing in the morning, wearing the same thing, before you get anything in your stomache. the reason id recommend against most people weighing in daily....people get too caught up in results and not focusing on activity. they see a day they gained a half pound and freak out and get depressed and that discourages them from doing anything that day. same reason i just weigh once a week. theres probably days i fluxuate with water weight and stuff so i just dont put myself through the agony of seeing it wobble back and forth by a pound or two.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    weigh in, no clothes, no shoes, in the morning, after i visit the bathroom, no food/water in my system
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    How the joke goes? If you want to get a women naked just put a scale next to your bed :-p

Jokes aside, Sunday Mornings, Underwear or gym shorts.
  • marc8686
    Options
    I think whenever you weigh is fine, just as long as you are consistent.

partially agree, the DAY doesnt matter, but the time of day DOES matter. if you weigh in at night.......the weights wont be consistent as some days youll consume more food and water than others. FIRST thing when you wake up and your stomach is empty is best
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily in the morning, aftering being to the toilet and before eating, in my underwear.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    You're only supposed to weigh about once a week or once a month, depending on who you ask. However, since I'm personally not affected by the weight variance from day to day or even day to night, actually, I'm quite interested in it, so I weigh every morning right after I wake up and before I go to bed every night and track them on a spreadsheet. I'm not looking for any real data, but I find it really interesting I can "lose" 4 lbs. sleeping. I'm also interested in seeing how much I gain or even, in come cases, stay the same from morning to night. I usually weigh about three times and take the weight that registers twice. I know that watching those numbers climb up and down would drive some people nuts, but it doesn't bother me a all. I know I'm losing weight so it doesn't bother me. Measurements are more important than scale.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    On Friday mornings. NAKED!
  • amrita0286
    Options
    every sunday morning, before breakfast :)