Zumba class, anyone?

Options
Okay, I had a really enjoyable workout in a Zumba class this evening, but it's not in MFP database. So I don't know how many calories I burned. Does anyone have the answer or able to tell me where to find this answer.

Replies

• lmwfrosty
    lmwfrosty Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awesome, and is the only cardio I truly enjoy. I always just use the "dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist" it seems like a good approximation
  • emlee01
    emlee01 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've found that calorie burn during Zumba can vary pretty significantly with the instructor. Have you tried using a heart rate monitor or other device? I use the Fitbit and routinely register around 500 calories burned during an hour of fairly high impact exercise. You can find fairly active Zumba communities on several social networks. Perhaps you might find some useful input from those folks...

Regardless, have fun and keep dancing!!
  • goodbyerachel
    Options
    It definitely varies, but if you wanted to get an "idea"... I used http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/
    Not sure how reliable it is. I came up with about 600 cal/hr and my instructor burns 800+/hr with a HRM.
  • blumuffin46
    Options
    Thanks all! I'm gonna check out all your suggestions and keep on dancing. :))
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/

tells you all you need to know. but I agree with HRM it's probably the best. So to be safe only log half of what this site says.

I'm going to Zumba in 3 hours, can't wait.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Google Zumba calculator
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    I use my hrm... i found a website but the calories burn were a lot different.. I love zumba
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I dont know how accurate it is, but I put it under "dancing, general"
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'll find out tonight what my HRM says but the other day, I used my old HRM and it gave me 390 calories for an hour. Yesterday, I went to the gym and did a lighter workout for slightly less than half an hour and my new HRM said I burned 257 calories. I don't know what is up with that but I'm guessing tonight my new HRM will rate Zumba above 500 calories.
  • jlynn6810
    jlynn6810 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awesome, and is the only cardio I truly enjoy. I always just use the "dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist" it seems like a good approximation
    I use this one too. I LOVE ZUMBA!!
  • JudeGilford
    JudeGilford Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much :flowerforyou: I had the same question.