HCG is BAD!!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    ... My niece has been using it,....

I am curious - These diets come in 2 sets 24 day and 40 day. Did she use it longer than that? I took 40 day HGC program, stuck to it (although I did not lose 40LB as they claim) and after 40 days went on the correct diet and exercise program. Aug 16 will be a year since I took my first shot.
  • msthangy61
    msthangy61 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Been using it very successfully! The plan is to stablize your diet...kinda like Atkins. You still have to make good choices and cant eat junk. This diet is used as a tool, with a conversion, once you reach your goal, to more calories...but you have to do it little by little to see what works for your body. If you just stop and think you can go back and eat crap like before....you will definitely gain it all back and then some! Hopefully along the journey of you losing your weight, you realize that you must eat healthy and exercise.
    It teaches you balance.
  • jjteddy1982
    Options
    there is not such as magic pill or medicine, the only way to get in shape that have work and always will is....".EXCERSICE YOUR LAZY *kitten* AND EAT RIGHT!!!!! "
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I have tried this diet twice. Yes you loose weight but it is due to the minimal calorie intake. Not the hcg itself . I prefer low carb because it is very difficult to maintain a very low calorie diet long term.. Plus I like to eat FOOD.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Been using it very successfully! The plan is to stablize your diet...kinda like Atkins. You still have to make good choices and cant eat junk. This diet is used as a tool, with a conversion, once you reach your goal, to more calories...but you have to do it little by little to see what works for your body. If you just stop and think you can go back and eat crap like before....you will definitely gain it all back and then some! Hopefully along the journey of you losing your weight, you realize that you must eat healthy and exercise.
    It teaches you balance.
    Really? How do you balance a correct diet on an intake of 500 calories? 50 grams of protein (which is essential) is 200 calories and 40 grams of fat (again essential) is 360 calories. That's already over the limit of 500 and that's with no carbs at all. So please tell me again where is the balance?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MarielChristine
    MarielChristine Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Man. I had the real HCG when I was pregnant and I gained not lost. I want my money back!!

Prayers to your niece and your family!!
  • amrita0286
    Options
    The problem with the hcg diet and any diet is the mentality that once you reach your goal weight, it's all over and you can go back to eating whatever you want.. but that's not the case. I can't imagine how someone eating only 500 calories for weeks and then suddenly being able to eat anything would be able to control themselves let alone be rid of their bad habits.
    This isn't a one time thing, it's a lifestyle choice, to eat healthier , to exercise and to take responsibility of what kind of food we feed our bodies and how much of it.
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

The staff of MyFitnessPal is actively reviewing our stance on topics that recommend or promote dieting methods that run counter to our site's own weight-loss recommendations.

In the meantime, please make sure to refrain from attacking or insulting other users.

Earnest and respectful debate on any message in the forums is acceptable. Attacking the messenger is not.

Please note the following forum guideline:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

You may review the forum guidelines in their entirety at the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thanks for your understanding,

Tom
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.