Workout Video for person with NO endurance whatsoever

Options
I'll be honest, I'm a person who can and does get winded running up a flight of stairs. I really want to start adding cardio and strength training to my life, but I AM HORRIBLY OUT OF SHAPE! It's really pathetic. I almost die after a 100 yard sprint. So I was wondering are there some good starter home videos for people like me? I try to do the 30 day shred and can barely make it 10 minutes into the video before I can't breathe and need a break. Are there videos out there you can suggest that will slowly build up my endurance? I find videos like p90X sort of expect you have some athletic ability before starting, and I clearly don't.

Any tips or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!
XoXo

Replies

• stronglikebull
    Options
    just keep doing 30 day shred until you can get through it. there's not much you'll find that's easier than that, unless you do walking in place videos.
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    You might want to give any one of the Leslie Sansone walking videos a try - she does a mile at a time.
  • Animaniac87
    Options
    You might want to give any one of the Leslie Sansone walking videos a try - she does a mile at a time.

Thanks! I tried her video she had on her website, and this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!!
    XoXo
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    just keep doing 30 day shred until you can get through it. there's not much you'll find that's easier than that, unless you do walking in place videos.

this is what i was doing for a while, just level 1 here and there, getting used to it. I was going to start it for real tomorrow, but unfortunately, I have the flu and I will not be pushing myself just yet =(
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    This is what I was going to suggest, too; however, remember that the intensity that you use in any workout is relative. It is what you make of it. I wouldn't give up on 30 DS.
  • angel101netta
    angel101netta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    was going to suggest leslie sansone. you can find some of her workouts on you tube!
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I'm a person who can and does get winded running up a flight of stairs. I really want to start adding cardio and strength training to my life, but I AM HORRIBLY OUT OF SHAPE! It's really pathetic. I almost die after a 100 yard sprint. So I was wondering are there some good starter home videos for people like me? I try to do the 30 day shred and can barely make it 10 minutes into the video before I can't breathe and need a break. Are there videos out there you can suggest that will slowly build up my endurance? I find videos like p90X sort of expect you have some athletic ability before starting, and I clearly don't.

Any tips or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!
    XoXo

leslie sansone is great... and requires no cooridination!
  • jbrann911
    Options
    I think those home videos are a scam you dont need them. Move your body in some manner and extra hour a day break up into 4 15 minute groups if have too walk for 15 minutes, go 15 minutes of stretching etc. No need to sprint anything just move our bodys are free resistance .

I recently added Insanity to my workout but I didn't buy the videos I got 5 excerises I can do from YouTube search Insanity workout. I wanted to Target abs did 10 minutes felt was going to die had to do 4 groups to get to the 40 minutes took me awhile at first in 2 weeks though clothes melting off lost 1 of my 2 tires.....lol and can go the full 40 minutes now.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of the walking in place videos but I'm a big fan of turning on a show (particularly reality type sows...biggest loser and extreme makeover:weightloss are great) that I like but don't have to follow super closely and then just walk laps around my house...once you can do that for a whole show, go a little faster until you are jogging part of the time.
  • charlybu
    charlybu Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Try Ellen Barrett videos. Hers are more flowing pilates, yoga, ballet inspired. Just as effective as the hop-till-you-drop type vids, but you feel energized afterwards, instead of being drained. I've got some old injuries that I have to be careful with and her vids have helped me a lot. Some of her older ones are a bit more up beat if you want to move up to that later.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Try swimming. I find swimming laps doesn't tire me out nearly as much as something like jogging, and I'm not nearly as sore after.
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of workouts that are easier than Julian Michael's 30 day Shred. I can't stand any of her programs. I don't think they're hard enough in my opinion lol. But anyway with that being said. Google some or all of these programs, you could also try Pilates, Yoga. Those two right there will burn butter and get you flexible as hell.
    1. Yoga Booty Ballet,
    2. Step aerobics,
    3. Leslie Sasone's walking videos
    4. Tony Horton from P90X has a program called "10 Minute Trainer" and "Power 90" a lot less crazier than P90X and P90X2.
    5. Brazilian Butt Lift,
    6. Slim In 6,
    7. Shaun T from Insanity has a video for teens that is pretty low impact. If you can't do Insanity why not try one of his other videos like that one or Hip Hop Abs" "Rocking Body" they are all very easy to do and will not kill you lol.
    8. Tai Cheng.
    9. Denise Austin, check her out, she has at least 200 workout dvd's that are light impact all the way up to higher levels.
    10. Jennifer Kries makes excellent Pilates workouts ranging from all levels.
    11. Crunch Fitness
    12. Tae Bo
    13. The Firm

You Tube search some of these and see what you like. You can also type in "exercise videos" and a bunch of random workouts will come up also. Good luck.
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    anything can be as hard or easy as you make it, if you need a break then take one. But honestly you should push through it unless you're having a heart attack or actual pain in your joints or anything. You'd be surprised how much you can do if you actually DO it.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Bump