cant seem to lose the weight!

Options
I am at a loss, I am interested in losing 15 pounds. (currently at 153, 5'7'') my MFP says to eat 1200 calories and I do but am also exercising daily burning 400-1000 calories. my weight or inches has NOT changed. I have been on here and committed for months and nothing is working. I lost 10 pounds in the beginning when I was doing atkins (gain 3 back so I am at 7) would still like to drop 15! Frutstrated beyond belief. made an appt to get my thyroid checked. any thoughts?

Replies

• nancyaaa
    nancyaaa Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    go paleo
    calorie restriction didn't work for me either
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Sleep can be a huge portion of it. Speaking of that..I better go to bed!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    I am at a loss, I am interested in losing 15 pounds. (currently at 153, 5'7'') my MFP says to eat 1200 calories and I do but am also exercising daily burning 400-1000 calories. my weight or inches has NOT changed. I have been on here and committed for months and nothing is working. I lost 10 pounds in the beginning when I was doing atkins (gain 3 back so I am at 7) would still like to drop 15! Frutstrated beyond belief. made an appt to get my thyroid checked. any thoughts?
    Your BMR is 1450. Add work and exercise and your TDEE is about 2000. If you're eating 1200, then your deficit is 800 calories which may be too much since it's a little more than your 1% bodyweight. Not to mention that you work in a stressful job. Are you getting enough sleep?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    I was stuck for 4/5months at the same weight. I'm 5ft8 and currently about 172lbs, want to be down to 164lbs.

I got a personal trainer who overhauled my gym programme/what I do. I really looked at my diet and was super strict with it.

It was really my gym programme that changed things as my diet was/is 90% good. I lost 5 lbs in about 4 weeks when I changed things. I just got my programme changed again this weekend too, more cardio.

So my advise would be to change your exercise and really look at your food intake.
  • Beksnevin
    Options
    I hear you. Also feeling the same. I put on 1.9kg in a month but dropped a few cm's according to the gym I'm at. Somehow it didnt make me feel better. I want to see the difference on the scale so I know how you must feel. Hubby keeps saying press on and I am bound to see a difference soon.. So I am going to do that and hope.. Good luck to you. It can only get better if we maintain the good habits..
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    OK maybe your aim to lose 15lbs from 153lbs to 138lbs is just too much for your height? I am 5'6" and am aiming for 147-150lbs and I know on my frame any lower does not suit me. Your body may be trying to tell you it is at the right weight? Unless you have a very light frame, that is the conversation I would have with your Doctor. I have been checking in with my Doctor on my progress and they are happy with both progress and my goal. I have to admit with 15lb to go I too have absolutely plateaued but that's OK as long as I stick with my regime, keep exercising and don't start gaining. Otherwise just stick to sensible diet and lots of exercise to get really toned and you may feel that is the better approach?
  • lmorse99
    Options
    funny you should mention sleep, working midnights really puts a damper on things. I average about 4-6 hours on a good day. Dont laugh but what the heck is TDEE? Total dietary.....??
    Your BMR is 1450. Add work and exercise and your TDEE is about 2000. If you're eating 1200, then your deficit is 800 calories which may be too much since it's a little more than your 1% bodyweight. Not to mention that you work in a stressful job. Are you getting enough sleep?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lmorse99
    Options
    I hear ya, I know at 153 my BMI is within normal limits but at one time I weigh 132 and was fine too:) pre kids of course!
    OK maybe your aim to lose 15lbs from 153lbs to 138lbs is just too much for your height? I am 5'6" and am aiming for 147-150lbs and I know on my frame any lower does not suit me. Your body may be trying to tell you it is at the right weight? Unless you have a very light frame, that is the conversation I would have with your Doctor. I have been checking in with my Doctor on my progress and they are happy with both progress and my goal. I have to admit with 15lb to go I too have absolutely plateaued but that's OK as long as I stick with my regime, keep exercising and don't start gaining. Otherwise just stick to sensible diet and lots of exercise to get really toned and you may feel that is the better approach?