Is it possible to lose 2 inches in 6 days?

Options
No, I don't want to know how.. I know eating healthy, exercising and slow weight loss is the way to go.

I remeasured myself today because I gained 1.5 lbs on the scale and I assumed it was new muscle weight. I am 184 lbs, 5' 6", eating under 1659 calories a day, exercising for atleast 20 minutes everyday. I am doing the 30 Day Shred which has been known to show some results within a week to 10 days.

I measured myself last Wednesday and got 38". Today I got 37" then my husband measured me and it was 36". We did it a few times and keep getting in between 36 and 37.

Has this happened to anyone before?

Replies

• rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Did you measure yourself in the exact same spot all three times at the same time of day? Was it during your TOM last time?
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Yes I measured myself in the same place, time, tape parallel to floor, no sucking in.. I had a baby five months ago and haven't got my TOM yet. I'm not pregnant just have always had irregularity
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    bump.

Anyone else?
  • dlbinin
    dlbinin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Not sure about the inches in that short of a time doing 30-Day Shred. Not saying its not possible. I just don't know, but when you weighed yourself had you eaten a lot of salt the day or night before? If I eat Mexican then weigh the next morning I always see a gain the next morning...every time. Same with Chinese food.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    Not sure about the inches in that short of a time doing 30-Day Shred. Not saying its not possible. I just don't know, but when you weighed yourself had you eaten a lot of salt the day or night before? If I eat Mexican then weigh the next morning I always see a gain the next morning...every time. Same with Chinese food.

That happens to me too when I eat various cultural foods but surprisingly my sodium has been low (staying away from delicious ethnic cuisine).. that's why I'm stumped.

I've heard of people losing 1" in 10 days doing the 30 Day Shred but not two. May be I should just be happy about this and stop questioning it cause I've remeasured over and over. haha
  • Poyns
    Poyns Posts: 3
    Options
    I had lost an inch off my waist and hips 5 days in to 30DS. It's possible but then again other factors may come in to it. Water retention, overzealous measuring etc...!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    If you are eating in a deficit, then you are not gaining muscle weight.

What you are most likely seeing is water retention from the muscle repairing themselves after a workout.

Also, weight loss isn't linear.. so you can lose inches, but gain or not lose weight.
  • MrsMichel
    MrsMichel Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I lost inches quick when I started the 30 day shred. I gained 2 pounds and lost 2 inches in the first 3 days. my scale also told me that I went from 51% body fat to 47% body fat. so, It does happen. I foolishly got caught up in the numbers (pounds) not going down and got discouraged, but starting back up today without weighing myself.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    I lost inches quick when I started the 30 day shred. I gained 2 pounds and lost 2 inches in the first 3 days. my scale also told me that I went from 51% body fat to 47% body fat. so, It does happen. I foolishly got caught up in the numbers (pounds) not going down and got discouraged, but starting back up today without weighing myself.

That's amazing! Thanks for sharing your results.. its awesome to read that you are resuming with your workout again! I find its really easy to become obsessed with the scale which is why I just measured myself.. I've gained .5 lbs but I look a bit leaner.
  • rhondagraymond
    Options
    I think it’s possible but then again, you need to consider what you’ve eaten before or even water retention to account for the fluctuation. Besides, you lose inches faster than you lose weight. I remember when I was on the Dukan diet’s weight loss plan (http://www.dukandiet.com/The-Dukan-Diet) ; I lost 2 inches in 9 days around my waist so I definitely think it’s possible.
  • KateinSomerset
    KateinSomerset Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing yourself - inches lost are much more indicative. My weight has been static for the last three weeks but still loosing inches.
  • Growtinymusclesgrow
    Growtinymusclesgrow Posts: 152 Member
    Options

That's amazing! Thanks for sharing your results.. its awesome to read that you are resuming with your workout again! I find its really easy to become obsessed with the scale which is why I just measured myself.. I've gained .5 lbs but I look a bit leaner.

Put the scale away and use your clothes and the mirror as your guide. I would suggest Weighing in on e a week (same day and time). To address your question...are you trying to lose 2" in a week? It is possible, but it won't stay off.
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I had a baby five months ago

^this...your body is still "shrinking" from having the baby...with the added exercise and eating well, it is responding to it.