My Weekly Routine, opinions would be appreciated!

Options
WORKOUT

ABS/CORE Every day

Mountain Climbers
Bent Arm Side Plank
Flutter Kicks
Leg Raises
Reverse Crunches

MONDAY
Biceps

Bicep Curls (Standing) 12 Reps 3 Sets
Concentration Curls 12 Reps 3 Sets
Open Palm Curls 12 Reps 3 Sets
Hammer Curls 12 Reps 3 Sets
Seated Curls 12 Reps 3 Sets

TUESDAY
Legs

CARDIO 20mins
Body Weight Squats 10 Reps 3 Sets
Side Lunges 10 Reps 3 Sets
Touch Opposite Toes 10 Reps 3 Sets
Up Downs 30 Reps Normal / Out/ In

WEDNESDAY
Triceps

Overhead Dumbbell Extensions 12 Reps 3 Sets
Dips 15 Reps 3 Sets
Side Lateral 12 Reps 3 Sets
Close Push Ups 10 Reps 3 Sets
Overhead Tricep Extension (Bands) 12 Reps 3 Sets
Tricep Kickbacks (Bands) 12 Reps 3 Sets

THURSDAY
Back/ Chest

Shrugs (neck/traps) 12 Reps 3 Sets
Lying Dumbbell Bench press 12 Reps 3 Sets
Bent Over Side Lateral 12 Reps 3 Sets
Wide Push Up (Slowwww) 10 Reps 3 Sets
Dynamic Push Ups 10 Reps 3 Sets
Dumbbell Fly (Lying) 12 Reps 3 Sets

FRIDAY
Full Body

Cardio 20mins
Bicep Curls 12 Reps 3 Sets
Dips (Tricep) 12 Reps 3 Sets
Body Weight Squats 10 Reps 3 Sets
Dynamic Push Up (Down Spread/Up Together) 10 Reps 3 Sets

Replies

• Scott277
    Scott277 Posts: 63
    Options
    Sat/Sun are my rest days it should be noted, although I can move a day to Sat/Sun if i make plans Mon-Fri
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    looks good for a home workout, if you plan to bulk a gym member ship is the best way to go!
  • Scott277
    Options
    Yeh man, i get student discount and i used to go. but i want to get serious about it before i start throwing money at it.
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    yeah sometimes throwing a little money at it helps keep you serious about it, I mean who wants to waste money? If your paying for a membership you will have more motivation to go!, well any way keep it up man!
  • koen612
    koen612 Posts: 83
    Options
    Looks good man, I agree with jim, paying the money a month helps me get motivated plus the gym is addictive
  • boostnerd
    Options
    Have you done it yet? It might be too much, like the bicep is a hard workout it looks like. But I'm not a pro. Just learning the lifting side of things. I know that if I take it easy I could do it, but if I was pushing hard weights, I think I wouldn't be able to lift my arm around the 9th set. I struggle with my bicep work out of 3 sets max pullups, 3 sets lat pulldown, 3 sets seated row, and 3 sets of isolated curls. The first 3 are not as focused on the bicep as the ones you listed.
  • Scott277
    Options
    Im not lifting that heavy. To judge, or compare, the last rep or two of each set are a struggle. By the third set the last 5-6 are really hard.

And yes i have done it now for 5weeks consistantly, never missed a day.

What weight do you guys consider big/hard whatever? (for dumbbells)
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    Im not lifting that heavy. To judge, or compare, the last rep or two of each set are a struggle. By the third set the last 5-6 are really hard.

And yes i have done it now for 5weeks consistantly, never missed a day.

What weight do you guys consider big/hard whatever? (for dumbbells)
    we are all different I use 35 lb dumbells for most of my curls right now... you?
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    First, what are your goals? What equipment do you have available to you?

Big heavy weight is relative to the individual. I do DB Hammer Curls with 50's but that is light for a couple other guys in my gym and impossible for a couple others.
  • Scott277
    Options
    I only have 26lb (its 16kg n i converted it to lbs) dumbbells.

I should really just invest in some 50kg that i can adjust if its too heavy, probs will once i switch to the bulk phase and cut it too 7-8 reps
  • Scott277
    Options
    First, what are your goals? What equipment do you have available to you?

Big heavy weight is relative to the individual. I do DB Hammer Curls with 50's but that is light for a couple other guys in my gym and impossible for a couple others.

Yeh as i said ^ only got 26lbs dumbells (16kg) Its hard on the reps i do for 3sets, im a skinny guy remember. But i feel i could up to 35lbs definetly. Could probs do 1 set on 50 aswell if i pushed

That is the only equipment available, i hate the gym tbh its full of idiots and its overpriced, I would rather just invest in heavier weights for my house tbh
  • CJSCHUYLER
    CJSCHUYLER Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you do decide to get the gym membership there is a website and application for phones that can really help out. I use JeFit for tracking my progress and goals. It is a free app and registration so i gave it a shot. You can make your own routines or use others that have already been made in the database. each exercise even has a how to picture and guide to do it properly. I really like the progress tracking on it so you see the graph and wieght increase. Your routine now is not bad if you are just wanting to get into the habit and back into working out with wieghts. as one of the guys already said, the gym can get addictive. good luck and have fun.
  • Scott277
    Options
    If you do decide to get the gym membership there is a website and application for phones that can really help out. I use JeFit for tracking my progress and goals. It is a free app and registration so i gave it a shot. You can make your own routines or use others that have already been made in the database. each exercise even has a how to picture and guide to do it properly. I really like the progress tracking on it so you see the graph and wieght increase. Your routine now is not bad if you are just wanting to get into the habit and back into working out with wieghts. as one of the guys already said, the gym can get addictive. good luck and have fun.

Just checked it out, looks awesome thanks man!
  • CJSCHUYLER
    CJSCHUYLER Posts: 29 Member
    Options

Just checked it out, looks awesome thanks man!

NP if you have any questions i will try to help.
  • girish_ph
    girish_ph Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Scott,

Just wanted u to know that 16 kgs = 35 lbs
  • boostnerd
    Options

I second this! I love the program.
    And I think the gym is the best way to go for a lot of reasons.

You don't ever have to upgrade your weights
    You don't have to worry about a treadmill breaking
    You will get a lot of tips and tricks from guys there that have been doing it for years
    You might even get some motivation from other people there. I know the gym I normally go to has a guy that goes in the morning. He cannot be younger then 60, and its embarrasing to get on the treadmill next to him. He is booking it! Its motivating to watch!