New on MFP - Looking for Friends, Support, Info

Options
Hi all!

I joined MFP a few weeks after and at the suggestion of a friend of mine (thanks for the suggestion, Zyntx!) :flowerforyou:

He has further suggested that I might find a little more support by posting here. I've lost about 110 lbs (between 2008-2010), but my weight has stalled since January 2011. I have about 90 pounds more to go. I have managed to keep the weight off, but the weight loss has just stopped. I must, however, admit that I didn't do that much extra to lose the first 100, other than moving to a different city, where I could bike every day.

I'm wildly active (biking between 150km and 250km/ week, bellydancing, badminton) and don't eat an inordinate amount, but I just see a 5-10 pound constant yo-yo in my weight. I've been on MFP for almost two weeks now, and while the record would suggest that I should have lost about 10 pounds, I'm pretty much at where I started (up 4, down 2, up 1, down 2...). Suggestions? I'm not frustrated, per se, but would like to find a solution to get back to losing the last 90 pounds. :drinker:

So, am looking for people who are in a similar situation and/or suggestions about how to bump the stall!

Thanks! If nothing else, I do love the ability with this site to take an active measure of what I'm doing!!

DivaChickipoo

Replies

• rachapman77
    Options
    I have the same problem! I am going to get the Advocare 28 day challenge to help jump start my weightloss. It has a cleanse and also a metabolism boost to help. We will see! Good luck!:happy:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    bump - c'mon MFP - where is the great support I was bragging about to my friend?
    Surely someone can make a little weight lifting suggestion and support the Diva!

Edit: (The OP, not me! The friend requests should go to her...)
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!
  • eatandexercise1
    eatandexercise1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. I've found that, at least for me, weight loss doesn't show up for a month, maybe two. (For example, let's say the calorie deficit says I should've lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks. For me, nothing will happen for a few weeks, and then maybe by week four or so, those four pounds start melting off). The key is to keep logging all your calories, especially on weekends. If you don't give up, you will see results. Be patient, and good luck.
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    I can never have too many friends and would be happy to count you among them. It is so nice to have someone who supports you and does not mind giving heartfelt advice.
    Good luck :flowerforyou: ,
    Doni
  • DivaChickipoo
    DivaChickipoo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ads (not all of them posted here) and the welcomes! And RAChapman77, let me know how that works out for you!

I don't have any plans to do anything other than "just keep swimming," and going with it. And I'll try some of zyntx's suggestions (more strength training to replace some of the cardio that I currently do) and see if I see some differences from that. :-)