McDonald's is good for you.

Options

Replies

• wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have always wondered if they meat is real meat! That is enough to make me not want to eat fast food.
    BUT every now and then, maybe once every 6 months, I have to visit McDonald's and get a double cheeseburger! I don't know why I have these cravings!
  • softsculptor
    Options
    My skinny boyfriend eats two of those for lunch...

Of course a salad would be better, but I think the problem with McDonald's comes with having soda and fries with that sandwich.

According to McDonald's website: cheeseburger (300 calories) + medium fries (380) + medium coke (210) = 890 calories
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Ive always revered McDonalds and Burger King the Colon-cleanse for societal needs. When you were bound up and couldnt take a dump, all you had to do was eat one burger, one order of fries and a milkshake. GUARANTEED to clean your inner 'self' out within 6 hours...

8-P

LOL that made my day

ROFLMAO - the sad part is, Im dead serious! LOL!!!!!
  • beccastarr
    beccastarr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It may not be so high in calories, but what's the point in convincing yourself that it's a good part of a diet to lose weight? Processed, fatty, fast foods doesn't feel you up, it's addictive, it makes you lethargic and you could eat a lot more substance with the same level of cals and sugar content.

If it was me, I would reward myself with one maybe once a week? To keep the cravings down
  • enliven_mal
    enliven_mal Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am Canadian, and this is a Canadian document, but reading these ingredients is enough to get me to make a better choice :)

http://www1.mcdonalds.ca/NutritionCalculator/IngredientFactsEN.pdf

I also seem to remember some sort of rumour that the '100% Beef' claim stemmed from them using the beef from a company CALLED '100% Canadian Beef.'
    I dont know if that is true though...
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    The main problem with the McDonald's cheeseburger is the size. Those macros may or may not look too bad to you depending on your diet, but when you put the actual cheeseburger in your hands it's like holding a tea cup. There isn't enough space for all of your fingers. When did it become ethical to call something that you only need three fingers to hold on to without any risk of mess a cheeseburger?

If someone gave me six of those cheeseburgers to eat, I'd be finished eating before he brought me a napkin.

That thing is not a meal, and I find it offensive that they want to attach it to something called a Happy Meal, which it certainly is not.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I think the burger is not good for you. Look at the sodium content, carb content and the fat. The only thing really good is the calories.
    In grams:
    49% Carbs
    28% Protein
    23% Fat

Default ratios in MFP are apparently 55%, 15% and 30% as far as a percentage of calories goes.
    So we can see if you're aiming for the MFP goal and trying to go for a balanced meal overall, it'd be a little under in carbs and a little over in fat; but not massively.
    Of course, if you haven't had much fat that day already, it shouldn't be an issue.

As far as sodium goes - I don't get high blood pressure and am not bothered by the other affects, so it's not an issue for me.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    You are better off making yourself a burger at home - you know it's fresh, you know what it is cooked on/in, and it will taste better. A nice lean beef burger or ground turkey burger with a whole grain roll and some veggies really hits the spot sometimes.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    it's not necessarily calories, but what the calories are from (same goes for fats). Super processed food, such as mcdonalds, is bad for you.. your body cannot use this as fuel, it will just slow you down. If you want a cheeseburger, make it at home with meat that isnt full of a bunch of antibiotics, make it from real cheese, try a gluten free bun, ect

LOL, what? I'm pretty darn sure that is completely false. Otherwise you couldn't get fat from them either. This post is so full of awesomeness.
  • ennysmith
    Options
    I have agree to your post
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Fat isn't necessarily bad for you. It's an essential nutrient. In fact, many people have success with high fat diets. Part of the reason this low fat nonsense came about because of the government/companies pushing HFCS. Think about that for a minute.

That said, the quality of food... it ain't good. But it's fuel, and if it fits your macros, whatever.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Nutrition aside, why would anyone want to eat at McDonalds?
    I'll pick up some meat at the market and make something far more delicious at home. Great - now I'm hungry for a home made burger and it's still breakfast time here.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I eat a burger and fries once a week from mcdonalds. I just get the regular hamburger though. I see nothing wrong with it at all.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    The problem with it is that it is so processed and full of preservatives that you could leave it on your counter for a year and it would still look the same...

That being said, I still eat one once in a blue moon cuz its greasy nasty cheesy yummy badness.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i ditch the fries and bun, and eat mcdonalds at least once a week.

burgers on shredded lettuce (or salad!) is just frakking win.
  • jaquwa
    jaquwa Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Nothing is bad in moderation,.......however, you can get much more protein from a grilled chicken breast and its much less fat and less processed and will fill you up more.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    beef and cheese are perfectly good foods, so a cheeseburger is also. Not sure the bun does anything for it, but yes it's a good protein source.
    Don't listen to this guy.
  • mfkn_Titanium
    Options
    It's fine...nevermind that it tastes like crap through. Wendy's burgers are much more yummy. And you should totally eat a fast food cheeseburger...every day....why not?! The resulting stomachache is almost *always* worth it.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I think the bigger diet threat at fast food places is the fries. How many times does a person walk in and JUST get a burger? They get fries and a soda or milkshake, too. If you are counting calories, eat what you want, but for people who aren't counting calories, it's the fries and beverage that really amp up the extra calories.
  • conkle23
    conkle23 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Anything processed is going to be bad for no matter how you look at it.

Second, that one burger is super high on sodium.

person should be getting 1k - 1500mc of sodium a day. And your getting half of that from one burger?