How do I get to 1200 Calories?! Help!

Options
Hi,

In May I started doing a "lower" carb diet - I have lost 3 stone so far which I am really happy about!!

The more I read on these forums the more I see how bad it is to eat under 1200 calories but I am REALLY struggling to get to this everyday...

Any tips?! My diary is open ;)

Thanks, xx

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    extra virgin olive oil
    salmon/fatty fish
    avocado
    some dairy/nuts in moderation

All calorie dense, you only need a tiny serving to add plenty of calories.

In fact if if you combined those you could probably get over 1200 cals out of a single meal.
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    Are you asking for tips on how to eat more? What exactly are you struggling with? Your food choices or are you full and can't stand the thought of putting another piece of food in your mouth?

I wish I had your problem. I can't live on 1200 calories. I would pass out. I would say peanut butter. Very good for you and 200 calories for just 2 tablespoons. Good Luck!
  • katedavies1986
    katedavies1986 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like I need to eat anymore food when I have had my 3 meals and at dinner I will have a small portion of fruit or Jelly - I dont like nuts/Peanut butter and don't feel hungry for more food!!

I have set the calories at 1200 because that is the lowest I can set it - but I rarely get to it!

I will try adding more oil and dairy to my diet - see if that helps! Thanks!
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    You won't hear me say this very often but I've looked through your diary and you need to add some carbs. One piece of whole grain toast? Some whole grain cereal for breakfast? I would seriously have problems getting out of bed in the morning without some carbs as fuel.
  • katedavies1986
    katedavies1986 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am trying to cut out/down my carbs because this is was my main problem before I started this "lifestyle change"!!

I like to keep my carbs really low, and because of this it means I struggle to find the calories - anything that is tasty is high in carbs and caloires!!

At the weekend I admit I am quite naughty sometimes, but I would rather save it up :)