Lack of motivation - help please!!

Options
HI everybody.

I started my journey at the beginning of the year when the scales said 224 lbs and discovered mfp at 214lbs....now 24 lbs lighter than that and nearly half way to my goal weight of around 165 (for now) I am really struggeling to keep it up and lacking motivation. I am looking for new friends who can give me a "kick in the behind" and help me to stay focused....please feel free to add me.

Thanks everybody

Replies

• 52fifi
    52fifi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I Know the feeling but keep going it will be worth it in the end.. just remember nothing comes easy but it more rewarding in the end if thing are gained by hard work... Your doing fab

:smile:
  • lemonlime1
    lemonlime1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Im where you were at the beginning, so its great to know you have got as far as you have. You can be an inspiration to others too! Ive sent you a FR.
  • CJSCHUYLER
    CJSCHUYLER Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Keep pushing. You have a long term goal, make some short term ones so you can feel progress in shorter periods. if you are doing 20 minutes of cardio push to 30 then push to 35. the small triumphs help to get to the big one and you feel good doing it. good luck and have fun.
  • cochilles
    Options
    Believe with all of your heart that you will do what you were made to do
  • sandpaperthighs
    Options
    Don't look at the long time goal, set small achievable goals and make sure you have rewards for these achievements (not food!). Maybe you could write your goals on here so it keeps you accountable, let's face it it's easier to lie to yourself than to lie to others!
    Keep up the gr8 work!!!
  • pastormick
    Options
    Motivation is actually at the core of everything you are doing right now. I'm actually starting to struggle a little in this area as well. Even after 154lb weight loss. it's so easy to slip back into your old way of thinking -- especially when you hit your goal weight. But the key is to keep in front of you the REAL reason you are getting into shape. For me, it was the desire to present my physical body as a living sacrifice to my Creator. To be in the best shape possible and to remove all the excuses that I had for not fulfilling my truest potential in serving Him. It's unbelievable how the deepest of motivations keep you from having "Cheat" days...keep you on the treadmill for one more hard lap, keep you lifting and eating the way that our bodies were designed to do. Hang in there.
  • ybcochrane
    ybcochrane Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the requests guys....already feel a lot better than this morning just knowing that there are a lot of people on here in the same boat and that we can support each other......xx
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I go through lack of motivation every day!! but the main reason I am doing this is to be able to donate a kidney to my mom so that is all the motivation I need. OK, well sometimes I need more and my bff keeps me going. :)
  • PlumeriaToo
    PlumeriaToo Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I go through lack of motivation every day!! but the main reason I am doing this is to be able to donate a kidney to my mom so that is all the motivation I need. OK, well sometimes I need more and my bff keeps me going. :)

Bless you and your mother. I hope you are successful in both efforts. :flowerforyou:
  • PlumeriaToo
    PlumeriaToo Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You are in good hands here. I've been pleasantly surprised to find out just how motivating all the positive support from others can be. It has pushed, pulled and carried me since I started here. It is also very motivating to be a support to others. You can and will succeed. :bigsmile: