McDonald's is good for you.

Options

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I probably eat a McDonald's hamburger (I don't like their cheese) once a week. One of my favorite cheap lunches is a hamburger, a small vanilla cone, and a large Diet Dr. Pepper. $3.
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    Guys, stop feeding the troll! I mean really this is either the work of a troll or the OP is dense in the head. Fast food good for you?? Just looking for an excuse to eat it with out guilt.

And I will say yes I agree that everything in moderation can be fine. But if you are truly doing it in moderation then you shouldn't feel guilty anyway.
  • jshort152
    Options
    Burgers are fine, just take off the bun and you make it a little better, the only part people really need to watch is sodium when eating fast food or you will retain a little more water weight, but if you drink plenty of water a day you should be fine!

Jesse Short
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
  • LaLaMoss
    LaLaMoss Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If I go to Mcdonalds. I get the cheeseburger happy meal with the child size fries. It's 415 calories and that includes a bag of sliced apples and a diet coke.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I love McDonald's, but I can't go ahead and say it's good for you. In moderation it isn't terrible for you, I guess. Lots of sodium, though, and ammonia treated meat.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    McDonalds is much like the mystery meat spam. Won't kill ya but in the long term why go there?
  • micahnelson
    micahnelson Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I see your "McDonald's Can't be Good For You" and raise you "Southwest Chicken Salad"
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    It's definitely a choice. There are many people here that advocate absolutely no "junk/fast" food and are only about super clean eating. There are others that rate the different fast foods as being better or worse.

If they fit into your macros and they are satisfying then I see no problem with it. I do have McDonalds or Chick Fil A once a week and eat out at a restaurant 1-2 other times a week. I'm always watching my calories and I've lost weight.

But I've learned that I would rather have a full meal at home for 400 calories because it's more food and it's filling then eat 1--400 calorie double cheeseburger because it doesn't fill me as much.

But if it works for you it shouldn't disrail you....maybe slow weight loss down a little but not stop it.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm not of the "anything as long as you meet your macros" school of thought. But my thought is that eating that cheeseburger a few times a week is unlikely to hinder weight or fitness goals.

But I also think there are tastier and more nutritious ways to get the same amount of protien.
  • texjenn
    texjenn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Do no rule out any food! That is where you will run into problems! If you want a McD hamburger, have it! Just adjust your other intakes of food.

I have lost ~70 lbs this past year. I eat out almost every day. I eat McDonalds occassionally. Moderation is the key! I eat the Happy Meals!
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Everything is ok in moderation. As long as you make good choices and stay below your calories you can have anything you want.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    This post is like a big net designed to trap orthorexics.

LOL
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    I see your "McDonald's Can't be Good For You" and raise you "Southwest Chicken Salad"

Empty calories...a poop ton of sodium and chemical filled southwest chicken sounds great! ...lol in all reality that is exactly what i get when i go there...no dressing with a few extra lime wedges...I like the lime as my dressing. But really you can't raise a southwest chicken salad...the chicken alone is just packed with crap that just makes it horrible for you...although tasty! lmao
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    My rule is this, if it makes me feel like crap after I eat it, then I don't eat it. I gave up all fast food a loooong time ago because I prefer to get energy and feel fabulous after I eat, instead of feeling like a blob that cannot move. It is all about personal choices. If you have to ask if it's healthy, chances are it isn't!!
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Ive always revered McDonalds and Burger King the Colon-cleanse for societal needs. When you were bound up and couldnt take a dump, all you had to do was eat one burger, one order of fries and a milkshake. GUARANTEED to clean your inner 'self' out within 6 hours...

8-P

^^ LOL this is so true or at least it does the same thing for me.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I think the bigger diet threat at fast food places is the fries. How many times does a person walk in and JUST get a burger? They get fries and a soda or milkshake, too. If you are counting calories, eat what you want, but for people who aren't counting calories, it's the fries and beverage that really amp up the extra calories.
    I used to skip the fries for years, and only get a burger, back when i was sold on that whole "carbs are bad" nonsense. I didn't have a soda with my meal for the last 5 or so years. I didn't gain more than 10 LBS a year doing this, but i certainly didn't lose anything. It wasn't until i got the right nutritional information that i started losing weight.

Don't just skip the fries, skip the whole fast food restaurant and go to the farmers market.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Funny thing in relation to this. We got a coupon book this week from McDonald's entitled "Coupons for Items under 300 Calories". I did keep one coupon out of the group for a salad because all the rest of the things had more sodium etc than I wanted to ingest.
  • healthybody74
    Options
    Gross. It's processed and processed food is bad for you. Watch the documentary "supersize me" and you'll see how gross that food is.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    This post is like a big net designed to trap orthorexics.

LOL

Hmm, I'm not sure avoiding McD because you think it unhealthy would qualify.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Gross. It's processed and processed food is bad for you. Watch the documentary "supersize me" and you'll see how gross that food is.

Supersize Me is a crock. Spurlock is an idiot.

Mucky D's ain't ideal but it is not the cause of the obesity problem.