Insanity or P90 x

Options
Which one is better,I can't decide which one to get. Can you please help me what you think I should get & which one is better.

Replies

• BecomingPremsar
    BecomingPremsar Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Great question - I've been asking myself the same thing lately!
  • AnisaMG
    AnisaMG Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have both - P90X is great, and I go back to it even when I am doing other programs. It's long though, and Tony can get annoying!
    I have attempted to do Insanity 2x now, the first time I ignored signs that it was bothering my ankle and ended up in physio. The second time around I felt the signs early and just stopped.

Insanity is fun and fast paced however if you have weak knees or ankles, go with P90X.
  • jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have just started P90X and it does have a few cardio components so personally I think it's the best complete workout there is and it is intense. And there are 10 different workouts including weigh training for arms, legs, chest, back, and abs plus the cardio, kickboxing, and plyometric components. Whereas Insanity seems to be mostly cardio based. So, from a newbie P90X-er, I'd say go for it!
  • kenyajae
    kenyajae Posts: 48
    Options
    Oh, I'd like to know what people say too..
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I think Insanity is more cardio and P90X is more strength training. So the real question is, what are you looking for? Are you looking for a good cardio burn, or are you looking to build muscle and strength?
  • bluebug53
    bluebug53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I like P90X i just started my 3rd round of it yesterday! I like it because it has a lot of variety, although Tony gets a little annoying after a while! I have not tried Insanity, so I can't say what that is like. But from what I have heard if you are just starting out on a program like this, that maybe p90x first would be a good idea.
  • Malrouke84
    Options
    These things always scared me, haha! They're so intimidating. I've never tried either, but I took lessons from an older gent who was a TKD Black Belt when I was trying new and different things - he was about 66 years old and did the P90 X and he was insanely fit. Insanity is probably good as well, but I haven't seen it or anyone who has tried it. But I've seen Master Wheeler in Hillsdale NJ using P90 X and he reccommends it - I reckon him to be fair testimony.
  • P90XBowler
    P90XBowler Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Better is such a an overused word :)

But seriously, if you're looking to become lean and want serious cardio, go with Insanity. If you want more resistance training and looking to put some lean mass, go with P90X.

I love both program to death, but I have a soft spot for P90X.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Just out of interest how long are the workouts for these DVD's?

I keep hearing about them but they seem very expensive! They are like £100 here in the UK. It's a lot of money.
  • kconway1017
    kconway1017 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am just completing my first week of Insanity and I absolutely LOVE it. Both programs have their strengths, but it really depends on what you are looking for. Also, who you would like to listen to for an hour? Sean T has a very different style than Tony Horton, so I personally respond to these workouts better.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    They are different. Neither is best. P90X you need some equipment, but it's more resistance training. Insanity, you don't need any gear, but it's a lot of jumping and cardio work.

Maybe people combine both P90X and Insanity to get the best of both. They work well together. I recently bought P90X2 and in the literature, it recommends a P90X2 and Insanity Asylum mix and tells you how to do it for an optimal workout.
  • SNorris01
    SNorris01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    TapouT-XT Is my choice at the moment...
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy with my p90x results. Im in the best shape of my life!

I haven't tried insanity yet - but I'm sure I'll try it at some point.

If you're looking for strength and lean muscle (not bulk) - go for p90x

If you're looking for endurance and better cardiovascular performance - go for insanity
  • jeddy3mcc
    jeddy3mcc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My week consist of a hybrid of both. Insanity in my opinion has the best cardio ever!!!!!! P90X is a great structured strength training program and their Plyo program is my absolute favorite. I do 3 days of strength on P90X and 3 of cardion 2 of Max Plyo and Interval training and P90X plyo. It is a bear. I burn 1000 calories every workout and i am 225 5'9. Whatever program you decide to get. Be intense and put in the work. They will both have you swimming in a pool of sweat and you will have RESULTS CITY!!!
  • PandaHerber
    PandaHerber Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My soft spot is for Insanity. I love that it's got some cardio and strength mixed and that I'm dripping wet after every workout even in 40 mins or less. And I love that I can do it anywhere. I bring it on vacation with me even!! I've done P90X as well and I did like it but I was struggling feeling like weights were sometimes easier to use but not as portable as resistance bands. So I felt like I could only do certain workouts when I was on the road. And some of the routines are really long. I like them, but sometimes hard to fit in the time. So like others have said, it depends on what you are looking to get out of them.
  • DANCE53
    DANCE53 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i have done both also my recomend is go with p90x first then feel brave get insane with shaun t and insanity butt kicker.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    TapouT-XT Is my choice at the moment...

I wanted to try that, but the website was so scammy. I hate that. It made me puke in my mouth a little, and then I couldn't pull the trigger on buying it. Went with P90X2 instead.
  • macpacman
    Options
    Insanity:

Cardio based workout using interval training.
    No equipment required.
    Entire program lasts 77 days.
    If you have knee issues, it is going to be hard because there is A LOT of jumping.
    Main focus is agility and speed.
    Not a lot of variety in the exercise, very repetitive.

P90X:

Strength training with some cardio.
    You'll use dumbbells, pull-up bars and your body to create the resistance required to tone the muscles.
    Various exercises.
    Yoga X will help build flexibility and balance.
    Entire program lasts 90 days.
    Main focus is muscle confusion.

I've tried both and I prefer Insanity because of the cardio.

http://muscleathome.com/insanity-vs-p90x/
  • Leanalgreen
    Leanalgreen Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    As others have said it really all depends on your goals. They are two different animals. The analysis above are all accurate on these two programs, but depending on your goals and what type of routine you want to follow there may be other ones that are better suited for you personally.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Thank you Everyone for your comments, I think I'm going with P90X that's what i wanted, but just wanted to make sure it was good before getting it. Thanks agian .