Lost 14lbs in 2 weeks, good or bad?

Options
I've been using this site for a little over two weeks now and my daily calorie limit is 2100. I'm usually always right around that mark, but I also work out 5 times a week. This usually puts me around an average of 500 calories below my daily calorie limit. Am I not eating enough? I've lost 14 pounds in a little over two weeks, but I still have a lot of energy and I'm always comfortably full throughout the day. I did give up pop and also quit chewing when I started on here so that could be helping the weight loss also. Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks,
E

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say whether you're eating enough without knowing more details about you. That said, if you're following MFP goals - it gives you a calorie goal based on the assumption that you will log your additional exercise (not counted in your activity level) and eat those calories back. It's not an exact science, and the more fat you have to lose, the larger a calorie deficit your body will be able to handle.

14lbs in 2 weeks is a lot, and if it carries on at that rate I'd be worried. (Again, it depends to some extent how big you are to start with). However, a big loss in the first week or two of restricting calories is normal, and for most people will be mostly water weight. If you have also cut carbs, then that would cause even more of a loss of water weight. Most people find that after that big initial loss, it slows down to more like 1-2 lbs a week.
  • GeoffinAZ
    GeoffinAZ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think when heavy people first start, their body does some adjusting and the losses can come fast.

In my personal opinion, if you are eating 2100 healthy calories a day, it does not matter how fast you lose.
  • edetherington
    edetherington Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try to eat back some of the calories I am burning from working out then. I don't really wanna drop the weight this fast, would like to be right around 2lbs a week. I'll have to start adding some more calories and see how that affects my weekly weigh ins.