30 Day Shred

Ok, I've read a lot of posts about the 30 day shred. So, for those of you that are doing it / have done it. Do you have to be in somewhat decent shape to do it? At one time I was fairly athletic, now I got some extra poundage on me. Can you start and go at your own pace?

Next..

Anyone want to start a 30 day shred Challenge with me??

Replies

• Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    I do it on my off days from martial arts and some days I still can't keep up with it, but I'm getting there.
  • grimsin
    grimsin Posts: 78 Member
    you can do it, there are variations on many of the exercises to make them easier. it's a great beginner dvd in my opinion. you will get what you put into it, that's for sure
  • chelljo12
    chelljo12 Posts: 187 Member
    I just restarted it for the 3rd time on Sat, and boy my body is still paying for it today. I am determined to finish it this go round, so any and all support is greatly appreciated. And I am here for support as well.
  • gwen485
    gwen485 Posts: 89 Member
    Me and my sister just started it yesterday and we are both out of shape! So no you don't have to be in shape! We can do it together, but we're on day 2 as of today!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Ok, I've read a lot of posts about the 30 day shred. So, for those of you that are doing it / have done it. Do you have to be in somewhat decent shape to do it? At one time I was fairly athletic, now I got some extra poundage on me. Can you start and go at your own pace?

Next..

No, you don't need to be fit to start it. It will be hard & there may be times you just want to quit... But the results are worth it. You just have to push through and do it anyway. I just started 6 Week 6 Pack yesterday. This is my fourth Jillian workout. :smile: Here's a recent results pic for you.

7820278168_b7e9e30e3a.jpg

The rest of my 30 Day Shred photos, thoughts, what I did, etc are detailed out in my blog. Best wishes for much success to you and any who join your challenge! :happy:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mariposa224

(Edited for idiotic typos lol)
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    I have it at home. Tried it when I was in the 250's and couldn't catch up, but shortly quit. Now I'm in the 220's and thinking about trying again :)
  • wrinju
    wrinju Posts: 93 Member
    Great! Thanks for the feedback. I guess I will be heading out after work and picking it up along with some hand weights!

I agree with you on the you get what you put into it... so very true.

Thanks
  • I totally agree with grimsin -- it's doable for beginner's and you can set your own pace. She tells you to progress through the levels when you feel your body is ready. Hell, you could make it a 90 day shred if you felt you weren't ready yet lol. The whole point is to just get up and do it - your body will respond at SOME point and you'll be all the better for it. :)

Oh and I just finished Day 4 of level 1... hoping this time I make it through all the levels. I've been known to fall off. lol
  • 92_sweetheart
    92_sweetheart Posts: 131 Member
    I am currently Day 10 of level 1. I wasn't in decent shape at all. Your body will adapt. You just have to push. Start out with beginners or modified moves work your way into the harder exercises. I have updated pictures of my day 7 on my profile.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    I used to be very athletic, about two years ago, but havent played any sports since. I started 30DS on Saturday and let me tell you, the first day KILLED ME. but they have an easier option for it, i was doing those the second day and found it still challenging but much more do-able. It isn't that bad though, each day gets easier.
  • wrinju
    wrinju Posts: 93 Member

Next..

No, you don't need to be fit to start it. It will be hard & there may be times you just want to quit... But the results are worth it. You just have to push through and do it anyway. I just started 6 Week 6 Pack yesterday. This is my fourth Jillian workout. :smile: Here's a recent results pic for you.

7820278168_b7e9e30e3a.jpg

The rest of my 30 Day Shred photos, thoughts, what I did, etc are detailed out in my blog. Vest wishes for much success to you and any who join your challenge! :happy:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mariposa224

Thanks! Awesome results!! I know it won't come easy, but what does?!?!
  • caseye83
    caseye83 Posts: 15
    I started my first day of the 30 day shred today! It's intense but I think it will be so worth it. You gotta push through even when it hurts you know your doing something right! We all need support!!! :wink:
  • no need to be athletic or fit to start the dvd, as the levels increase it does become more challenging, however it is a "fast track" so it picks up quick. I say if you find yourself struggling, stay on Level one an extra week and make it a 37 day shred
  • I started 30 DS yesterday as well. Just finished day 2 of it. I've been overweight for a few years now (5'7" & 250 lbs in July of this year). I started walking and eating healthy almost a month ago and am trying to turn my life around, health wise anyway. I figured I wouldn't just jump into the video right off the hop of my new life style as I'd likely wouldn't be able to keep up with the video and would become discouraged. Then I would just go right back to my unhealthy lifestyle where I eat what I want, when I wanted.
    So. I've been slowly getting myself into walking and eating healthy. I felt comfortable enough to try the video last night. I wanted to cry when I finished it. I know it's only 20 minutes, but it's an intense twenty minutes. I never thought I could get through the workout but I did. I am thrilled. I know I sound like a dork but honestly.

If I can do it, anyone can. I ate double downs three days a week and never bothered with exercising. I went from 250 lbs down to 242 lbs in just a few weeks with a 1500 cal/day intake and 30-60 mins of cardio 5 days a week. I splurge on the weekends with alcohol and eat a few unhealthy snacks but I'm not too worried about that.

I'm so excited to see what the shred will do to my body.