• A_Valerie
    A_Valerie Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The Poisonwood Bible
    A Complicated Kindness
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
    The Girl who Played with Fire
    The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

the last 3 are a trilogy and the first book is a bit hard to get into, but once you pass the first 100 or so pages it's AMAZING!

thanks. I did see and enjoyed the movie Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and heard the book was way better.
    I will read the other 2 from the trilogy, wonder if i should read the dragon tattoo since i only saw the movie. ???
  • TahliaHarveysMummy
    Options
    I love Erica Spindler too! Some of your past reads remind me of my own book collection (apart from 50 Shades - not gone there yet!) so i'd suggest Sophie Kinsella (Shopaholic series in particular) and Dorothy Koomson :o) Stephenie Meyers none-Twilight book The Host is slow getting into but amazing once you do! x
  • tnshahud
    tnshahud Posts: 163
    Options
    Bumping for Ideas!! Thanks!!
  • Monkeymomma05
    Options
    I just started The Book of Thrones series, not really fantasy but kinda is....still really good read. :smile:
  • jennnnn2u
    jennnnn2u Posts: 133
    Options
    Asylum (Patrick McGrath)
  • TahliaHarveysMummy
    Options
    Maybe the Sookie Stackhouse series if you haven't already read it.

Ooh i forgot those! How i don't know cos i pre-order the next book every Xmas - they come out in May!!! lol
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Try The Gunslinger by Stephen King to pop your fantasy cherry.

Or Insomnia.

I don't like fantasy either, but read every one of the Gunslinger series. My all-time favorite books.
  • RAF_Guy
    RAF_Guy Posts: 230 Member
    Options
  • tjoyjohn
    tjoyjohn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just got the Nook tablet for my birthday...so I'm bumping this for later :)
  • sandyjeffery
    Options
    My favorite authors are :

Jackie Collins
    John Sandford
    Linda Howard
    Nicholas Sparks
    James Patterson
    Stuart Woods

If you like hot and naughty, suspense or love stories, any of their books are a page turner.
  • jpipes17
    jpipes17 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I cannot BELIEVE no one has mentioned the Grey Trilogy!!!

I read all three books within one week and that included working full time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:blushing:

She already read them. :wink:

I also needed ideas.. Thanks for posting this!
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Water For Elephants
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    I'm on Goodreads too - Ceanne. So many great books suggested here. My favorites are:

- Dan Brown: The Lost Symbol was my favorite
    - Diana Gabaldon: Outlander series. The first book - Outlander is a bit hard to get into but after the first 50 pages or so you get hooked.
    - I Know This Much is True is my favoirte book of all time - to me it was just a great story
    - Janet Evanovich - she's hilarious!

MFP Bookclub anyone??
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Diary of a Mad Fat Girl HILARIOUS BOOK!!
  • jenwalton
    jenwalton Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Just read 'Gone Girl' by Gillian Flynn, it was very good.

And anything by Harlan Coben, especially the Myron Bolitar series.

Gone Girl was going to be my suggestion, as well! I love all three of Gillian Flynn's novels - the other two are "Sharp Objects" and "Dark Places". All very creepy but funny and plot-driven.
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    The best book I read this summer was Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.
  • WriterGirl30
    WriterGirl30 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you are open to trying a decent vampire series, might I suggest the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward.
    Moving away from the more traditional vampire story, it has action, romance, sex and lots of twists and turns.
    I have recommended this series to a lot of my friends and they are all hooked and big fans of the Brothers.
    Book 1 is Dark Lover. You will not be disappointed lol
  • jpipes17
    jpipes17 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just got finished with all the books in the Kinncaid Brother Series by Jaycee Clark. I enjoyed them.
  • nroth57
    nroth57 Posts: 21
    Options
    I see I am not alone but...I just read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Loved it. I breezed through it in 2 days. Couldn't put it down! It's sort of a murder mystery...? It's actually a hard book to describe without giving too much away, and i recommend not reading too much about it, for fear of spoilers (I have seen the big twists in the book completed spoiled in reviews!)

Another fun and quirky one - Gil's All Fright Diner (vampire, werewolf and some zombies)
    The Help (even if you watched the movie)
    Or how about some classics? My favorite all time ever book is To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee, or In Cold Blood by her friend Truman Capote.
  • AndreaK1021
    Options
    I just started "The Discovery of Witches" and can't put it down!