Creatine for women? Is it ok?

Options
Just curious. I love the idea of creatine, watched many video's about what it does for you but the articles and videos i have seen have been directed at men. Is it okay for a women to take a creatine pill or supplement? Would love to hear.

(a little background: I use the gym, at home dvd's like Insanity 'the Asylum' and ChaLEAN Extreme)

Would love to hear what you know about creatine for ladies... Thank you in advance!!!

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Yes. As long as you are more worried about what you can lift and how you look than a number on the scale.
  • TJtastic
    TJtastic Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've asked this same question to a male friend of mine who uses it. He told me if I didn't REALLY stick with lifting on a very regular basis that it would make me gain weight. Would like to see what others say.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    im not a woman lol but I've been using it for months and i don't see why a women couldn't use it. I also don't see why it would make you fat. it has nothing to do with fat.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I've asked this same question to a male friend of mine who uses it. He told me if I didn't REALLY stick with lifting on a very regular basis that it would make me gain weight. Would like to see what others say.
    It makes you retain water. Not gain fat. If you aren't lifting regularly don't bother taking it....It might make you feel bloated. There are no calories though in creatine monohydrate so no...it is not going to make you gain fat on it's own....what you take it with might if it puts you over your calorie allowance.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Is is okay? Certainly. It's present in you body right now and it's probably one of the safer supplements on the market. The question I have is why? In other words, what are you trying to accomplish? Men that take generally do so the help build larger/stronger muscles. Since you don't have the testosterone to build large muscles, what are you hoping to accomplish?
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Women can take everything a man can take as long as it's not hormonal.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Yes. As long as you are more worried about what you can lift and how you look than a number on the scale.
    It makes you retain water. Not gain fat. If you aren't lifting regularly don't bother taking it....It might make you feel bloated. There are no calories though in creatine monohydrate so no...it is not going to make you gain fat on it's own....what you take it with might if it puts you over your calorie allowance.

^^^ These.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    i used to take creatine when i power lifted and loved it. now that i don't do such extreme lifting, i don't use it. it really only makes a difference if you're working out every day and lifting a decent amount of time and weight. give it a try and see how it works for you. everyone's body is different. keep in mind that it'll take a month or two to show the full effects, so don't judge it on only a week or two of use.
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Fo the last 2 months i have been taking Creatine Monohydrate. I love it ive been trying to build more muscle.. and its been helping. Alot of the fitness models take it too :)
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Just curious. I love the idea of creatine, watched many video's about what it does for you but the articles and videos i have seen have been directed at men. Is it okay for a women to take a creatine pill or supplement? Would love to hear.

(a little background: I use the gym, at home dvd's like Insanity 'the Asylum' and ChaLEAN Extreme)

Would love to hear what you know about creatine for ladies... Thank you in advance!!!

Don't wast your money on the pills, the amount that is in each pill is tiny, go strait for the powder. I use the non flavored, and mix it with whatever I feel like. Most of the flavored stuff tastes like shat anyway.
  • jjefferies7
    Options
    it's ok for women to take. heres some great information on creatine in these videos. should answer any questions you may have.
    Creatine Bloat? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgX9rbKNqXk&feature=plcp

Creatine Basics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYHH0Olr_AA

Creatine While Cutting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJDNM1-KM1s

Best Creatine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBoUp8c1IjU

Creatine isn't working?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5XvD41PNLM&feature=plcp

the youtube channel is campbellfitness, has factual and proven information.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    It makes my kidneys scream. And it doesnt help cardio. Most pre workout mixes have a less aggressive amount that i can tokeeate.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    On a cold Friday afternoon, I had come home from school. I had been thinking of the gym all day. I was hungry, didn't have any lunch. In fact, I didn't eat because I spent the money. For the past month I was saving up for something. Something special which I bought at GNC. I was surprised they didn't ask for ID; I was pretty sure the cashier noticed how nervous I was. Anyways, my mom asked my how my day was when I got home, but I ignored her. I have more important things to do. I run to the bathroom and unpack my bag. In my school bag is a white plastic bag from GNC. I open the bag, first removing the receipt and flushing it down the toilet to get rid of the evidence. My heart was racing now. I unpack the creatine monster from the bag.

I wonder what people will be asking me when they see that I will be 50lbs heavier. Should I say I was just eating a lot? I remove the label from the tub and tear it into a thousand small pieces. I flush that down the toilet, too. It is time now. I run up to my room when my mom ask me what I am holding. I panic, sweat drips down my forehead and my teeth chatter. "Mom, it's just for a school project". "What project?" "I don't know mom I just started it!". A tear runs down my cheek. I run upstairs and open the creatine, scooping upservings into a clear water bottle. What have I gotten myself into? I fill it with water and drink it. There is no turning back now. The creatine monster is inside me now, it will control me. What should I do if I die? I cant let my family know about this.

I open the creatine tub and throw it all out the window; a white cloud of mysterious dust sparkles into the wind so graciously. I feel the substance taking control of me; I am now the monster. I walk downstairs, its time to work out; time to get big. Now I worry, I don't want to get too big; people will think I use steroids. I do use steroids. No I don't. Creatine. All I see is the weights now, I am almost downstairs when I hear "Do you want a cookie I just baked". I know I do not have time for this **** now. "No mom I do not want a cookie" I walk in the basement and drop to my knees before the weights, tears running down my cheeks. I turn to the right and look at myself in the mirror. Oh god, what have I done?

Creatine, Not Even Once
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    On a cold Friday afternoon, I had come home from school. I had been thinking of the gym all day. I was hungry, didn't have any lunch. In fact, I didn't eat because I spent the money. For the past month I was saving up for something. Something special which I bought at GNC. I was surprised they didn't ask for ID; I was pretty sure the cashier noticed how nervous I was. Anyways, my mom asked my how my day was when I got home, but I ignored her. I have more important things to do. I run to the bathroom and unpack my bag. In my school bag is a white plastic bag from GNC. I open the bag, first removing the receipt and flushing it down the toilet to get rid of the evidence. My heart was racing now. I unpack the creatine monster from the bag.

I wonder what people will be asking me when they see that I will be 50lbs heavier. Should I say I was just eating a lot? I remove the label from the tub and tear it into a thousand small pieces. I flush that down the toilet, too. It is time now. I run up to my room when my mom ask me what I am holding. I panic, sweat drips down my forehead and my teeth chatter. "Mom, it's just for a school project". "What project?" "I don't know mom I just started it!". A tear runs down my cheek. I run upstairs and open the creatine, scooping upservings into a clear water bottle. What have I gotten myself into? I fill it with water and drink it. There is no turning back now. The creatine monster is inside me now, it will control me. What should I do if I die? I cant let my family know about this.

I open the creatine tub and throw it all out the window; a white cloud of mysterious dust sparkles into the wind so graciously. I feel the substance taking control of me; I am now the monster. I walk downstairs, its time to work out; time to get big. Now I worry, I don't want to get too big; people will think I use steroids. I do use steroids. No I don't. Creatine. All I see is the weights now, I am almost downstairs when I hear "Do you want a cookie I just baked". I know I do not have time for this **** now. "No mom I do not want a cookie" I walk in the basement and drop to my knees before the weights, tears running down my cheeks. I turn to the right and look at myself in the mirror. Oh god, what have I done?

Creatine, Not Even Once

Awesome.
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options

Creatine, Not Even Once

an oldy, but a goody. LOL
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    gnfcnb