Dinners

Options
Hi y'all! :flowerforyou: What's everyone making for dinner next week? OR What did you make this week? I make my lists on Fridays so I can grocery shop Saturday and Sunday.

Replies

• sallymurph
    sallymurph Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    4.5 lbs of extra lean group beef
    1 19oz can of kidney beans
    1 sm can of tomato paste
    2 28oz cans of crushed tomatoes
    1 green pepper
    1 red pepper
    2 sm onions
    2 packages of the club house chilli spice (for slow cookers)
    1/4 100% pure maple syrup (this is optional, but will cut the acidity of the tomatoes)
    Pam

1. Saute chopped onions until opaque. Add ground beef.
    2. Once beef is cooked, combine remaining ingredients in slow cooker and set for 4-6 hours.

Yields 14 servings of 1 1/2 cups (420 cals)
  • fce_woman
    Options
    This week I've made:

Swiss Steak w/ peppers, onions, and tomatoes in the Crock pot and had it over brown rice.
    Spaghetti (whole wheat and spinach noodles) with marinara sauce (I added peppers, mushrooms, and olives)
    Chicken stir fry (lots of broccoli, snow peas, carrots, celery)

On the list:

Steak fajitas on corn tortillas
    Breakfast for dinner (eggs and toast)
    Italian stew

Hope that gives you some ideas. I tend to cook easy dinners because the last thing I want to do after work is cook a complicated meal.

Nicole
  • NicoleMikluscak
    Options
    Thank you! Keep 'em coming!!!!!!!!
  • NicoleMikluscak
    Options
    Or even good websites that people use to get ideas would be helpful......
  • PinkDog
    PinkDog Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi MFP Gang,

I made THE MOST delicious thing last night -- if you like sushi this is a real hit!

FOR THREE -- Multiply or divide if required.

Ingredients -- 5 sheets of Nori seaweed, 1 cup (uncooked) of instant brown rice, three eggs, 1 tsp of sesame oil, canola cooking spray, 2 tbs sesame seeds, squirt of hot sauce.

Directions:
    --Cook brown rice in the microwave, in a container with the lid (2 c water, 1 c rice, microwave for 8 minutes)

--Once rice is ready, use scissors to cut up seaweed into small pieces and add to rice -- put lid on and allow to sit while you go to make eggs

--spray frying pan with canola cooking spray and 'fry' three eggs, flipping once and leaving nice creamy yokes

--add eggs to rice and seaweed

--add sesame seeds

--add sesame oil

--add squirt of hot sauce (and maybe a small sprinkle of sea salt)

--MIX IT ALL UP AND ENJOY!

Mmmmmmmmmm it was SOOOO good.

For 1/3 of this recipe nutritional info is:

Calories: 367
    Carbohydrates: 51
    Sugar: 0
    Protein: 14
    Saturated Fat: 2.8
    Sodium: 100
  • abbie38
    abbie38 Posts: 128
    Options
    I cook a lot of international foods cuz I find that I get variety that way and they are very flavourful. Tonight I'm making chicken shwarma with fattoush salad. I am making vegetarian moussakka tomorrow with rice cheese eggplant and tomatoes instead of a white sauce, and I'm doing a lot of asian soups and stir fries next week.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I cook a lot of international foods cuz I find that I get variety that way and they are very flavourful. Tonight I'm making chicken shwarma with fattoush salad. I am making vegetarian moussakka tomorrow with rice cheese eggplant and tomatoes instead of a white sauce, and I'm doing a lot of asian soups and stir fries next week.

Can I come eat at your house?

These sound delicious!

JAM