Hello

Options
:smile: I am new here, This is my first time posting, I have been trying to lose weight forever , and now that am older in my 50's its a bit harder,I am going to try .thats all I can do.so wish me luck

Replies

• para999sal
    Options
    Hi I am 42 and I have been struggling for years, but this is helping me leaps and bounds.
    Good Luck.:flowerforyou:
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! :smile:
  • AngelLSharum
    Options
    Good luck. I'm new myself. Well, I tried it here once before, but only for a few weeks and that was a couple years ago. I just rejoined yesterday.
  • GOBIGGOHOME
    Options
    Your going to love it here. So much support and good information.
    It is the best way of keeping track of what your doing.
    I am 55 and i am loosing very slowly but I am looking so much firmer.
    Good luck and if you want we could be friends and support each other.
    Audrey
  • ktyper
    ktyper Posts: 14
    Options
    hi, i have been on here for about 5 weeks and have lost 14 lbs. i am 31 and have another 20lbs. to go. I have enrolled my dad, friends, and even some coworkers in this journey with me and we have all seen results. my advice to you is to track daily....i keep this site up at work so whatever i eat or drink i can add it quick right then and there. feel free to add me and we can help encourage each other!! good luck!!
  • tracywineinger
    Options
    Hello,My name is Tracy Wineinger and i have tried everything to lose weight. i lost 50 lbs about 2 years ago then my mom passed away and my 15 year old daughter had a baby we had to give up for adoption. It has been the hardest couple years of my life. i am just in a funk and i need to get my self out of it and say i can do it again and be happy about myself.....any advise...please help :)
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! :wink:
  • PattieLouise
    PattieLouise Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When I first started fitness pal and held myself accountable I did great. When I was down about 14 lbs I became too comfortable ... stopped tracking and fell back into my old routine. Put back on a good 8lbs again. SO .... I picked myself up, dusted myself off and started all over again ... which was just yesterday! Although I was good compared to the last few months, I still went over my allotted calories - it's amazing how much we put in our mouths without realizing how quickly it adds up.

I'm 45 and my extra weight didn't appear overnight. One day at a time and don't beat yourself up if you have a bad day - it's just your emotions looking for food :wink:

Feel free to add me as a friend to hold one another accountable and encourage. Best of luck! Pattie