Anyone doing a detox or cleanse?

Options
I just bought a 14 day cleanse kit. It's a detox but you eat normally **Healthy** and cleanse your system. I am starting today. A friend of mine told me it was a great way to jump start weight loss and it gets rid of stagnant junk in your intestines and colon. PLUS she lost 12 lbs while she was on the cleanse, while eating healthy nutritious foods! So excited to give this a try!!

Replies

• wishiwas
    Options
    I have been researching them and wondering if they work. May i ask what kind you got and will you please keep us posted on the results? good luck:happy:
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I did a 14 day cleanse about a year ago, and can't say I lost any weight, but it made me feel much better and that's about the time I jumped on the healthy food/exercise wagon. I am just starting my 2nd one today, hoping to clean out any toxins, as I've been really bloated lately and my stomach has been "off". Hoping this is the trick to get it back to normal!
  • Sherryishealthyandstrong
    Options
    http://www.renewlife.com/

I got the Organic Whole Body Cleanse.
  • nehptune
    nehptune Posts: 138
    Options
    Hi!

I'm on day 2 of a detox program published in Body+Soul magazine.
    Details here:
    http://www.wholeliving.com/photogallery/action-plan-week-1

I am drinking juices/soups/smoothies for breakfast/dinner and then having a solid meal for lunch. It also seems to be mostly about resetting your eating habits, no caffeine, refined sugar, gluten, peanut or soy foods. You concentrate on eating mostly raw fruit and veggies and some cooked whole grains and beans for protein. Also, you need to drink lots of water.

So far it's going OK. It's only a 4 day program, so I'm almost half-way done!

So far I've already dropped a couple of lbs, but that might just be normal variation... we'll see.

Good luck with your cleanse!
  • jewels319
    jewels319 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about that for a long time......should I go to a place and just do it...or is the 14 day etc better for you.....I have seen so many.....
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    jewels - I have heard 14 or more days is the best! I have never successfully completed 14 days, I have made it about 8 before I quite, this topic has convinced me I should try again!

I think I am going to do Isagenix or the Mega Cleanse...
  • tiffany85
    Options
    whats the cleanse called and where did you buy it? thanks!
  • jewels319
    jewels319 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I figured the 14 day would be good....I am gunna pick it up this week and start Sat. Good luck to whoever is gunna do it. I hope I don't spend my whole weekend keeping the tidy bowl man company!
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    I figured the 14 day would be good....I am gunna pick it up this week and start Sat. Good luck to whoever is gunna do it. I hope I don't spend my whole weekend keeping the tidy bowl man company!

Fun fact, you are actually going to have to take stuff to use the restroom properly on a cleanse! most of the time you get backed up from lack of solid food digestion! And I am going to do it as soon as I get over my cold! good luck keep us posted on your success!!!!
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I got mine at Target...it's the Jillian Michaels 14 day cleanse. So far, so good!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I started the Isagenix nutritional cleansing and fat burning system in March and swear by it......besides losing weight, my energy level has increased and I feel great

:flowerforyou: Right now I'm reading Miracle Detox Secrets by Tony O'Donnell who is a naturopath
    lots of great information
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    I may need to do this, I am embarassed to even post the amount of junk I've been eating not to mention the amount of soda I've been drinking.
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    I am going to try the Jillian detox one starting this Friday :drinker: