It's about time.....

Options
37 year old husband and father of two. Seems like since I hit 35 a few years ago I started to realize how out of shape I was. I often wondered" when could I not do this anymore" when playing with the kids or doing other activites. Now, while recovering from recent hernia surgery I figured its about time I try to get back on track. I'm not getting any younger and I really want to enjoy things like I used to. Good Luck to all of you and I hope you all stay strong in you commitment to this.

Replies

• Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Good luck to you! I wish you much success. :smile:
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Best of luck.
  • faengel
    faengel Posts: 14
    Options
    You Can Do It!!!! Good luck to you!!!
  • TennesseeSodaholic
    TennesseeSodaholic Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It's never too late. 37 ain't nothin! Wish I was 37 again!

All the best to you and your family!

:laugh:
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I've heard energy you give your kids comes back to you 2 fold,
    (you may have to wait 20 or 30 years, but...)
  • jtucker1974
    Options
    I've never really had a big weight problem, so I always assumed that I was in decent shape because of it. Guess I finally realized there is more to it than that. Figure its time to get fit and drop a few pounds and feel better.:smile:
  • TNFirefly
    TNFirefly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    39 year old mother of 4. I gotcha. I didn't wake up fat, though. I spent too many years focusing on everyone else and didn't give myself the time of day. Now, with 3 teens in the house and a 4 year old, and caring for my demented mother in house, I am DOING this. No more junk food coming in my house. No sodas. Nothing fried, battered or smothered in fat. No more crap. 60 minutes in the gym 5 days a week, to start, and attending a local weight loss support group. Am I exhausted? You bet. Is it hard? seriously? I decided to quit whining and I am finally starting to see results. 30+ pounds down and 290+ to go, so it is a long haul. Whose coming?
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat at 33. I was a big guy but it wasnt like I had an issue playing with my kids. I didnt get tired, I could still do whatever but I was 340 lbs. What worked for me, I didnt give up stuff I loved. I sitll drink diet sodas, I still eat a few things fried, because if I wanted this change to stick, I couldnt just 100% change how I ate. I would have either gotten bored or pissed and would have been right back to where I started. Once I decided come hell or high water Im losing this weight, everything else was easy. The first 9 months all I did was go on walks with my boys in a stroller and stayed in my calorie range. Why make something hard when it didnt need to be. Good luck in your journey and hopefully you will have the same success that Ive had. Today is my 380th day in a row logged in which happens to mean I joined 380 days ago.

I can do it, you can do it.

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • jpadillahr
    jpadillahr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    TNFirefly,

I am so proud and in admiration of you! I have two teenage boys and a husband at home who live off fast food. I try to make healthy things, but they won't always eat it. I have decided the same - that I am important too and I should focus on myself as well. I'm getting back into the habit of going to the gym and making sure I have something healthy to eat. If they don't want it, then they are on their own! I feel so much better, and I finally feel like I am regaining some control. I've lost a bunch of inches and a few pounds, but I am committed to the journey.

Good luck to you and everyone else on this road. I know we can all do it.