Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Motivation HELP!!

I have had a rough couple of weeks getting and staying motivated! I was recently put on a beta blocker to help prevent heat and exercise triggered migraines....and I thinking my body is trying to adjust to that but I am not sure. So yesterday was a bad day today has been better but I am so exhausted I just don't even have an ounce of energy to workout!! HELP!

Replies

• it's such hard work when you feel lethargic like that, maybe your body just needs a little time to adjust to the new medication? feel free to add me anyway im always ready to offer support and motivation!!! good luck!!! :smile:
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Realize.Visualize.Choose.Act.SUCCEED.
    If you are unhealthy, it is because YOU CHOSE and ACTED to be unhealthy. Choices are abundant in every moment of life. The impacts of your actions, both consciously and sub-consciously, are what define your present being. You CREATE the present. Accept that the reason you are who you are is by your choices and actions, REALIZE. See where you want to Improve, VISUALIZE. Make the CHOICE to Change. Take ACTION upon the choices that lead you to SUCCESS.
  • stagknight
    stagknight Posts: 130 Member
    Beta blockers keep you chilled and calm, and the action of them blocks adrenaline and so can make you so chilled and relax you wouldn't move if an atomic bomb went off. I have seen a few people lose interest in everything and sit all day staring at a wall. You will adjust to them and get energy back or you could see your doc and see if you can start on a lower dose.
  • nerdlyness
    nerdlyness Posts: 28 Member
    I hope this helps. I too have issues with staying motivated. The slightest bad thing that happens (a bad grade on an exam, a fight with my husband, my mom calling...) throws me off my game and I stop eating well and exercising.

I have found in the last 2-3 months that since I log on my Facebook page daily (I'm assuming you use Facebook) I am going to bombard myself with positive messages and motivation. There are a ton of pages on Facebook with people blogging about their 100+ pound weight loss journey, or eating healthier through a plant based diet or clean eating (no processed foods). There are pages that just post pictures of motivational quotes and pictures that make you want to be healthy.

This gets me going in the morning. I am the worst slob when it comes to getting up. I could sleep till 4 everyday. Since I started following these pages, I get out running right after I get out of bed in the morning. They have helped me a ton. If you need an idea of who to follow, look me up on Facebook (Tricia Lestarjette) and friend me or look at the pages I like.

Just remember, you deserve to be the best "YOU" you can be. You are worth it.
  • amberdc
    amberdc Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks for the insight!! And it made me laugh too!! Thanks I needed that!! :)
  • Wisemomoffour
    Wisemomoffour Posts: 125 Member
    Amber, maybe your new meds are chilling you out too much and you have to wait until your body adjusts. But I think you try hard to continue to do what you did before the meds. You have done SO GOOD!!! I read on Twitter today that we need to mix our runs up with easy runs that do keep our heart rates low. Maybe we should try an even easier run..

Remind yourself on how far you've come!!! You are awesome!!