I have a mini-goal!!!

Options
I have an obsession with nail polish...i can't seem to buy enough...yeah...i'll admit...i'm a nail polish hoarder...

so...as a punishment/motivation in one for eating like there's no tomorrow the last couple of months...I am not allowed to buy nail polish until I reach my "20 lbs lost" mark...and at that time...i get $20 to spend on nail polish...:)...and i get $30 at the "30 lbs lost" mark...and so on...

that's my motivation (along with seeing your success)...
what's yours?

Replies

• tifalva
    tifalva Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    That is actually a really good idea. I'm also a nail polish-aholic, so this would work for me :) I think I'm gonna steal this one :)
  • wattsj56
    wattsj56 Posts: 94
    Options
    gym clothes for me :D I JUST DON'T WANNA HAVE TO GET AN XL in juniors ANYMORE!!!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people say you shouldn't reward with food but..... there is a sub shop near me that has the best steak subs. Even on my treat days I don't go there and I drive past is all week long. So when I hit a really big goal (my next is under 200 lbs) I go and get a sub. Every time I drive past I'm reminded to keep on track so I can earn it. And since I only get one every major milestone I haven't had on in nearly 6 months.
  • TennesseeSodaholic
    TennesseeSodaholic Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My hubby bought me a voucher for the local beauty spa for Christmas 2011. The works: massage, pedi, mani, & facial. I haven't gone because I have such low self esteem. I'm going to use that voucher when I get below 200.
  • jodiegauv91
    Options
    Mine is clothes! I don't get to buy anything unless it's my target size!
  • HeartME511healthy
    HeartME511healthy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    This is good, I might need to add mine here and commit to it. Although way to close to goal I still need to refrain from purchasing workout clothes... I think I have plenty and don't really need to purchase any until I reduce body fat by 2 percent then again after that.

Unless they become torn up or small from shrinking, then I can not purchase any more workouts clothing... I have to return a set that I purchased yesterday and instead of replacing it I will get refunded for it instead. This will be a good starting place for me.
  • HeartME511healthy
    HeartME511healthy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My hubby bought me a voucher for the local beauty spa for Christmas 2011. The works: massage, pedi, mani, & facial. I haven't gone because I have such low self esteem. I'm going to use that voucher when I get below 200.

Why not use it now? It will put you in a different mind frame and jump starts your progress just because you were pampered. Not sure where you are now, however it is amazing how these spa treatments put us in a different place when we used them frequently.
  • cafechibita
    cafechibita Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That is actually a really good idea. I'm also a nail polish-aholic, so this would work for me :) I think I'm gonna steal this one :)
    you're totally welcome to "steal" it...:)