Help! I'm stuck on this forever long plateau!

Options
I'm 28 yrs old and have just completed month one of the Insanity program. My weight hasn't gone down much! I've lost 4lbs. Ugh. This is getting really frustrating. Started month 2 in Insanity so I'm hoping that will kick start me somehow. I've been walking 2 miles every morning with a friend for the past 3 months. I'm running in the evening, that started about 2 weeks ago. So I'm confused why I'm not losing more weight.

My eating habits have changed drastically since i've been keeping count for about the past 2 months. I'm trying to stay around 1200 calories a day.

I can feel some of my clothes are a lot looser on me, but the scale doesn't reflect it.

Does anyone have any tips/ideas to help me?

Replies

• jodiegauv91
    Options
    Did you exercise before this? If not, you're probably losing fat and gaining muscle, which would definitely explain why your clothes are looser even though your weight hasn't changed that much. I would suggest lowering your food intake or more cardio, but it seems you're already doing both. Keep going!
  • sarahwsmith
    Options
    You shouldnt go by pounds at first measure your body in inches it will help you see the diffrence. It happens slow in pounds then you lose hope keep your head up and know you will reach your goal.:flowerforyou:
  • jtucker1974
    Options
    No expert by any means but maybe its because you are trading fat for muscle? Muscle weighs more than fat by volume so maybing eating better and staying at your calorie goal combined with the walking and running you are making progress. It may not show as much on the scales but if your close feel looser than something is happening.
  • viasophia13
    viasophia13 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it helps to vary your calorie intake throughout the week. So, if you eat 1200 calories a day, try to eat 1400 calories the next day, and also vary your exercises every day. I've heard this helps, and i wish you luck!! :)
  • AmberT84
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I'm going to try and mix it up a bit.....confuse my body a bit!

Thanks again!!