Willing to try cheat day but how often/how much?

Options
Hi there,
I have hit a plateau where I have been staying within my calories for about 5 months. I am willing to try the cheat day but I would like to know is there a best way to handle it. How many calories can you have on your cheat day and for how long? How often should you do a cheat day? Does it matter if you add healthy calories as compared to fun calories? How long do you wait to weigh yourself after that day? Advice?

Replies

• Kenzie8010
    Options
    I usually have a cheat day every week, not a huge cheat but usually have a serving of chips, a candy bar, or a slice of pizza!
  • cjc166
    cjc166 Posts: 222
    Options
    actually, i would recommend only a cheat meal, not a cheat day. one or two cheat meals/week are alright. eat the foods your craving, don't feel guilty, and dont go hog wild (i.e. a few beers and a few slices of pizza, NOT a case of beer and a whole pizza).
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat meal on my weigh in days, but only if i've lost. A gain means i go to the gym and work really hard.
  • Aleluya17
    Aleluya17 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I do have a cheat day 1-2 times a month, and it means I can eat something junky until i'm full, not stuffed. This normally mean i've gone out on date night with my husband and ordered what i want, but I still try not to over do it.