When running...what do you think about?

Options
I was running on the treadmill and to keep me going I was thinking about the number on the scales at the end of the week and what I would look like when I lose the weight.

But it crossed my mind...I wonder what everyone else thinks about to keep them running through the pain?

Replies

• Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I like to blast my music loud and sort of dance & sing while I'm running. If I don't do that, then I think about how great I will feel after I'm done running or working out. Just thinking about it will all be over soon- and I pretend I'm going to get off in 1 minute but I stay each time and keep going. I try to trick my mind into thinking that I'm not going to run as long as I really am.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I just kind of zone out.. because I take the same paths over and over, that I just kind of zone and let my mind wander.

I think about my music, what I'm doing later that day, what I'm going to eat, etc.. pretty much anything but my run!
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Lol I pretend I'm a viking running into battle. I hate hate hate hate hate running but it works.
  • Cassandram333
    Cassandram333 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Both great things! I don't want to think about the scales because I'm worried I'll start thinkinhim burning more than I am!

Love the idea of thinking about what's going on around you vs the actual itself. Sounds kinda relaxing actually lol
  • Cassandram333
    Cassandram333 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Lol I pretend I'm a viking running into battle. I hate hate hate hate hate running but it works.

LOL!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I think about how I might feel like I'm about to die now but that at the end I'm going to feel great knowing I finished lol I also think about whatever song is on sometimes I sing it in my head or I'll think about what I'm going to wear later that day. This morning I thought why did I sign up for that 5K again? (kinda in a panic lol)
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about where to place my feet, I pull slightly in and knick the inside of my 'ankle,bottom of tibia I think) area and have been working hard to not do that... it has been very hard for me. I actually wear the edge of my shoe near the bottom of the tibia).
  • ennysmith
    Options
    When I am running,I listen the music and count the rounds that I have taken.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    My music.
  • aylawill
    aylawill Posts: 65
    Options
    I used to run on a really creepy trail around town, so I thought about Criminal Minds a lot! Haha!
    Seriously, though, I kind of zone out and listen to my music, or just think about pretty much anything. What I need to do later, clothers, work, my goals, the future, Pinterest!
  • auntjenny74
    auntjenny74 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Is the dog stopping to poop or is she just sniffing something?
    Is she stopping to poop now?
    Poop or sniff?
    Please don't let her see that bunny across the road.