Hi everyone <waves>

Options
Hi everyone, my name's Helen and I'm a newbie!! I'm a long-time yo-yo dieter. I once lost 40+ lbs on Weight Watchers but have since put most of it back on. I pretty much lost faith in WW when the new system came in, so I'm hoping that simple calorie counting might be the way forward for me, it seems a bit more transparent!
Right, here goes...
Helen.x

Replies

• lpsiah
    lpsiah Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Helen,
    I used to do the Jenny Craig one. While it worked with me losing the 20 lbs I was supposed to, then I got bored with it till the point there food was gross for me. So I've been stubborn to go back to it and I've decided to deal with my own cooking(hate cooking)
    So I feel your pain. But it can be done!.
    Pat.
  • doreenOrtiz
    doreenOrtiz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I have also probably tried every diet on the planet (w. watchers, Atkins, cabbage soup ect. ) I have tried to stop doing all of them it just puts more weight back on once you stop doing them, now i am on mfp I am still a work in progress but I try and you will like the site. Feel free if you want to add me as a friend.
  • wheelinqueen
    wheelinqueen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I did WW for a while too...but got bored with it. I'm also hoping that watching my calories and being active will help me kick the weight! Good luck to you!
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    hi helen *waves back*
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. If you're committed to it, this works. I'm a firm believer that weight loss is about watching what you eat and exercise. If you need motivation, read a bunch of posts in the Success Stories forum. And add friends for motivation. :)
  • questhaven
    questhaven Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I felt the same about the new WW system! I've been on her since December and have had decent luck and met some great people. Feel free to add me! :)

Michele
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8ndr013w51rups4b.gif
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    hi! :flowerforyou:
    I did WW also - did well on it, but time and money became harder to find! I really enjoy the support and tools that this site provides - i think you will too!!
    Suzi
  • hmparkin23
    hmparkin23 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Ooh, David Tennant :-) I think I'm going to like it around here!
    x
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm new on here as well. Just started making myself log in regularly last week. I've yo-yoed over the past 10 years so I know how that goes. I am very optimistic about this site though and I think that making some friends on here will help me stick with it. Good luck!
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will love this site. I am sending you a friend request!
  • mmreed
    mmreed Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP!

Add me as a friend and take part in my daily fitness discussions, tips, and commentary on MyFitnessPal!

MFP is a really great resource to keep you focused and connect you with a wealth of fitness resources and like minded folks.

1. Log your foods every day - don't skip days, or parts of your day. log everything!
    2. Analyze each day - see where it went good and where it went bad - too much fat? maybe too many carbs? over the calorie limit? Identify and plan how to correct it for tomorrow.
    3. Reach out to the community with questions or advice needs.
    4. Build a network of friends here!
    5. Above all, do not believe everything you read here. There is a lot of great advice, but also some misleading and hype type advice. Part of getting fit is educating yourself in aspects of health and fitness. Make sure any questionable advice is looked at with a scientific eye and look for facts, evidence, and most importantly real world proof.
    6. You are more than a number. Sometimes the scale may not say what you hoped - thats fine. weight loss is not a straight line declination. Its a bumpy line that drops over time. Don't let single day numbers get your focus away from term based results.
    7. Vary your exercises. Your body forms memories and can slow down how it burns fat and builds muscles. Keep it confused! Hit it hard with cardio styles. Build lean muscle to burn even more fat.
    8. and above all - take your photo now! You will want to look back and have a starting BEFORE picture to proudly display along with your series of PRESENT or CURRENT photos during your transformation and continued lifestyle of fitness.

I welcome you, and anyone else out there to add me as a friend. I have made fitness and health my passion and love the idea of folks joining me in my new lifestyle of being fit, healthy, and most importantly - HAPPY!.

I'm here to support and motivate!!! I find my own success comes easier when I help and fuel other folks success.

and remember - most folks care more about the quality of fuel they put in their lawn mowers than the fuel they put in their bodies. Don't be one of those people. Whole foods. Natural foods. Intelligent choices.

Fit for life,
    Mark M. Reed
    aka Marc Mayhem - Fitness Blogger, and Motivator!

Add me as a friend and take part in my daily fitness discussions, tips, and commentary on MyFitnessPal!