Vacation setback

Options
I took a nice 5 day vacation that included a stay at my family cabin and a buddies wedding. Needless to say I slipped up, BIG. I put on 4 lbs, that I’m sure will fall off quick, but need some motivation to get back on the bandwagon and start losing again.

Anyone else out there have a GOOD/BAD vacation this summer?

Replies

• nfort28
    nfort28 Posts: 1
    Options
    I also had a wedding this weekend and the mixed drinks left me feeling very bloated and defeated from my training but it also gave me motivation to get back in the gym and train even harder because I knew it was lack of self control that put me in that position! just allow yourself to get back into it and know that you have the power and it's all in your head! (:
  • Illusent
    Illusent Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I had a three day weekend getaway, and yeah, I totally know how you feel. I came back 4 lbs. heavier... After 1 day of about 1300 calories, and about 700 calories lost due to my Monday routine, I have not only lost my weekend weight, but I also lost an extra pound! Keep working at it... it's not so much about falling, as much as it is about getting back up!

You've made so much progress, and it's not worth it to throw in the towel... KEEP FIGHTING!!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I went on a vacation earlier this summer and gained 5 pounds. I didn't sweat it too much, I just got right back to my regular routine and it came off pretty quickly and I even lost three extra pound since. I'm not as focused as I should be to hit my goal weight right now so I've plateaued, but I did find it comforting that my good routine was effective enough to shed excess weight quickly.
  • crawpapa
    crawpapa Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's good to "shock" your system....I workout hard for the vacation, then enjoy while I'm on it. As long as you have the self-discipline to get back into your routine, don't sweat it. We all need some type of "reset" every now and then. I've even just stopped going to the gym for a few weeks because I felt SOOOO burnt out from going, but then come back even hungrier to lift more weight than before.
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Took my kiddos on a weekend getaway... four days of way too much junk food/fast food and I am up 3 lbs, although I'm sure most of it is water weight from the salt. I have no worries about losing it, but man, my stomach is killing me today! Definitely feel much better when I'm eating healthier...
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Went to the OBX in May and took the week off (heck its vacation and I wanted to have some fun and eat some seafood) I still exercised (hit the beach for some long walks) but still came back 7 lbs. up on the scale.. Went back to my normal routine and by the next week weigh in every thing even out.... Best of Luck....
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I ususally do a few days of juicer and protein shakes post-vacation.

we had a 7 day road trip followed by living in a small rental with nasty kitchen- so still too much eating out...

I am looking forward to a real exercise/good food routine.....
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I went on two vacations this year (SF and NC/SC). Both times I gave myself permission to be a bad boy. I ate whatever I wanted. How bad? I had chocolate covered graham crackers for breakfast!

So basically a month went by where I was eating poorly and working out poorly. And it doesn't matter. When I got back I just got right back into my routine. I'll gain a few on vacation and lose it later. That's what vacations are for.

Don't sweat it. Just get back at it!
  • cardsfanlv
    cardsfanlv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sticking to your routine on vacation is nearly impossible I've found. I will be away over labor day weekend and I plan on having what I want those days. I'll come back and get right back into the swing of things.
  • lynnprice
    lynnprice Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I went on vacation 3 wks ago to Jamaica to an all inclusive. I ate and DRANK to my hearts content. I gained 8 pounds over the 8 days and I had lost all of it in 3 days of returning home. You're gonna be fine. Get right back on that wagon. Your health is worth it!
  • tubway
    tubway Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I went to Vegas at the beginning of this month. I worked out one day while I was there but not the other 3. I gained 5 lbs. However, at my weigh in the next week I had lost it all and was back to the weight I was before I went. Just go back to what you were doing before and you should be fine.