If you could have a lover OR a FWB

Options

Replies

• JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I had both.....the FWB is far easier & much less complicated.....

This but ultimately when the time is right I prefer a lover.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    lover, no doubt. i've had the fwb thing and it's ok, just not as fulfilling.

somehow pink floyd comes to mind:
    "The prisoner who now stands before you
    Was caught red-handed showing feelings
    Showing feelings of an almost human nature;
    This will not do." :laugh:
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I'll take 3-5 FWB's please.
  • MeliciousGibson
    Options
    Reading all of these, I STILL can't make up my mind!

I guess it ultimately depends on the personality of the individual whom I am considering for the job! (Now accepting applications - LOL)
  • seanian
    seanian Posts: 103
    Options
    Why choose? Go poly!
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've had both. And would have to say Lover.

FWB is just sex. nothing more. yes it might get the job done but without an emotional connection it doesn't do anything for me. I have a battery operated friend for that. and it doesn't talk. or give me herpes.

The best orgasms come from a mental/emotional connection. For me. The extra work and time that goes into keeping a Lover vs. FWB is totally worth it.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Soulmate.

Yes, I am one of THOSE people. The romantic that makes you gag.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    At different stages of my life I've had both, and they both met the needs I had at that particular time. I prefer a lover, but if I'm not in a position, or mental/emotional state, to return the affection, then a FWB is much more fair to the other person.
  • jodyl70
    jodyl70 Posts: 94
    Options
    Which would it be, and why? Those are your two options only.

A lover is a person that receives more than just sex. They receive words of affirmation, kindness, caresses, cuddling, kisses, and everything that centers on and around those feelings and acts. The ‘love’ portion of a relationship. A lover is only marginally involved in your entire life. You may discuss a few things here and there, but it’s mostly about making each other feel good.

A FWB is a person that, while you MIGHT hang out once in a while, you will only call on for sex – the physical aspect of it. This person will not get upset if you don’t call them for days, but will always be a willing participant (as long as it works for both of you) for the physical. There is very little cuddling and no need for words of affirmation.

edited for definitions.

YES!

That is my answer.......

:wink:
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    FWB - cause i've got a husband for the lover. i could get a girl for the FWB and have all my needs met! :smooched:

THIS!!!!!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Been there, done both..................now I have a wonderful husband, and he's the "Lover".:bigsmile: :heart:
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Per your definition, my current FWB is actually a lover. But somehow, guys never respond well to the title of "lover". Probably the first four letters. And it kind of creeps me out too. I prefer to refer to him as Mancandy and leave it at that.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Per your definition, my current FWB is actually a lover. But somehow, guys never respond well to the title of "lover". Probably the first four letters. And it kind of creeps me out too. I prefer to refer to him as Mancandy and leave it at that.
    I don't know if I'd be OK with Mancandy:laugh: .
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I am curious if any one who posted in this has changed their opinions - it's been over 4 months since this was originally posted.

I still feel the same, but crave "more" than a simple lover.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    FWB.

Sex me and get the hell out of my sleeping space.
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    A lover. I'm over the FWB thing. It's nice, but not enough.
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    FWB - cause i've got a husband for the lover. i could get a girl for the FWB and have all my needs met! :smooched:

^^ This. :smile:

^^^^ I also agree with this :tongue:
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Seeing as I am married, I am going with a FWB. I can't spend anymore time worrying about someone else's emotional needs.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Been there done both, and both filled a need at the time. I right now am thinking I want to go back to Lover. I can take care of the basics myself.
  • lg3703
    lg3703 Posts: 190
    Options
    Luva.... I am so much more than a booty call :wink: