Anyone done No More Trouble Zones or Banish...

Options
... Fat Boost Metabolism DVDs?
Just curious as I got these as part of a Jillian Michaels 4-DVD set along with 30DS and 6W6P and although I've not yet used them (currently doing 30DS) and was wondering if anyone here has used these DVDs and how did you use them? Did you use them every day for a period of time or do you use them to mix up your workout?
Marie xx

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i have thought of doing those 2 as well, curious as what others will say about each of them.
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have done BFBM. I started it after 30 day shred, did it everyday for a few weeks but got bored so i gave it up and started insanity lol

Its a good workout and i like it alot, id say you need it in a mixture of other workout dvds so you dont get bored!
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    I have used the BFBM DVD, I have that one, 30 day shred and Killer Buns and Thighs. I am still at the point where I can barely finish the BFBM dvd. Very intense cardio workout. I like it. Plus you can skip to different circuits so if I don't have 45 minutes I can just do the core training and another circuit for a quick 15 workout
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I rotated all my jillian dvd's. They will all get you results. No more trouble zones is strength training and banish fat boost metabolism is cardio. I rotated these 2 dvds for awhile and got some great results.
  • CatholicUK
    CatholicUK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That's really interesting! Thanks for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it! :)
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have done them both (a while back) and I did them4-5 days a week. They are great videos. Eventually, they became too easy so I moved on. I highly recommend them though!
  • lin7604
    Options
    I rotated all my jillian dvd's. They will all get you results. No more trouble zones is strength training and banish fat boost metabolism is cardio. I rotated these 2 dvds for awhile and got some great results.

that's a great idea, i think that will be a good thing to do. I wasn't sure what the difference was between the 2...
  • awillkies
    awillkies Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i'm doing 6 week 6 pack. i'm on week 3 & already am stronger AND noticing results now (toning up - sorry i like that word.. toning.).
    very excited to stick with it & get it done!! i also have Jillian's no more trouble zones.. although haven't started it yet.
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I LOVE NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES! i have been fairly active for years and i still die each time i do it :) HIGH RECOMMEND IT!
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    I have bfbm. I think its a bit harder than the shred. Very cardio oriented. The first time I quit after circuit four. Its longer too almost an hour with warm up cool down. But I've lost 30 lb doing jm tapes and kickboxing...they work!
  • lin7604
    Options
    how long is no more trouble zones.. i will never get 1 hr in... that is what i like about 30ds and rin30..nice and short to get them in.
  • CatholicUK
    CatholicUK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    how long is no more trouble zones.. i will never get 1 hr in... that is what i like about 30ds and rin30..nice and short to get them in.

Heh - I am a little worried about finding an hour what with working, studying, being an attentive wife and mummy... and an hour for exercise? Ack! Well, I'll sure give it my best shot!! :)
  • Peeriegemgem
    Options
    I have just finished Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism just now - torrential Scottish rain put pay to my run! I am a total Jillian convert, and now lying here in a very sweaty heap feeling better. The dvd takes about 45 minutes from start to finish, and is fully cardio. If you read reviews on Amazon, people actually give an entire breakdown of what it involves. In short, a lot of punching, kicking, squats and ab work, continuously. Great if you've had a rough day to take out your aggression!

Even as a reasonably fit person, I struggle, and admit that I take a second to catch my breath between circuits! It is based on six circuits, with each move in the circuit repeated twice in each set. The same principle applies to No more trouble zones...

No more trouble zones is entirely strength, and 80% weights based, some moves you use your own. It is very much based on using both parts of your body, arms and legs, to ensure you are still burning as many calories as possible. For example bicep curls with lunges. There are parts of this that physically make my legs shake. It also takes 45 minutes.

30 day shred is the dvd I started off with and takes 20 minutes. You do each level, from 1-3 for ten days simultaneously. It hurts to begin with, and because its so short, feel you need to do the 30 days in full - but it does work, nearly got abs doing that dvd.

Now I mix up the dvds with running depending on the weather/my mood. You can buy the three above with 6 week 6 pack really cheap from Amazon, so I'd just say go for it!
  • elymmurr
    Options
    I love NMTZ! It helped me tone, tighten, and lose weight. Of course, it wasn't the only thing I was doing, but it made me feel stronger and better. I have tried BFBM, and I don't like. Don't get me wrong, it's effective! It just wasn't my favorite. I've also used Six Week Six Pack, 30 Day Shred, and Yoga Meltdown. I mix them in with other workouts because I get bored if I do the same workouts all the time. I definitely recommend NMTZ for toning and weightloss!

Good luck!