Check Out My Story on TV-Louisville's FOX WDRB

Options
I was asked by WDRB, the local Fox affiliate in Louisville, Kentucky. to share my story with their viewers this morning and to talk about how I went from a 365 lb plus couch potato to a 260 lb soon-to-be Ironman. Here is the interview from this morning on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HA7kSqolbQ&feature=plcp

Replies

• BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! And now I'm a little home sick since I lived in Louisville for 8.5 years and watched WDRB nearly every morning!
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! And now I'm a little home sick since I lived in Louisville for 8.5 years and watched WDRB nearly every morning!
    Mee too!!! :( Well, I went to college there then stayed and still own a house there...Would love it if the Navy would decide to send me and my hubby back :)
  • jg4ever
    jg4ever Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    great interview. Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • BonJody
    BonJody Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This is my first post on MFP, and well worth it to congratulate you for the tremendous strides you've made in your life! I had a similar story as yours a year ago. I lost a boatload of weight (about 140 pounds overall) and eventually conquered Ironman Coeur d'Alene. I was still obese when I did it and that made it even more special to finish at 11:36:04 p.m. :)

Crossing the finish line of any race is special, but this is a whole 'nother thing! Coming down the chute with music blaring, supportive people and loved ones screaming and crying, and Mark Reilly shouting out your name and saying, "You are an Ironman!" (or something to that effect) is truly a magnificent moment. CHERISH EVERY SECOND!!!!

You are an inspiration. I previously read about you overcoming obstacles and training for IMKY and being able to go on the rollercoaster, so it was fun to watch this video about you explaining it. Great interview! This is all very cool, man. I'm cheering for you. But, heck, Sunday is your victory lap. You've already done the hardest part just to be able to get to the starting line.

(Cautionary side note: Please don't do what I did after completing the Ironman. I was so exhausted that I allowed myself to fall back into lousy habits and became a couch potato again, gaining a whopping 70 pounds from June 2011 until May 2012. I'm refocusing and doing better now, but I'm going to have to swallow the majority of the entry fee for Ironman Florida because I'm just nowhere near being ready. I'm returning to that Ironman lifestyle, and you've got my IM juices flowing again! My advice is to give yourself a few days of rest and celebration post-IM (not 11 months like me!) and then get back into the swing of things. But you seem like your head's on straight, so I bet you will do awesome!)

Congrats again!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Sweet!
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    What a journey you've had! You are quite an inspiration and I wish you continued success :flowerforyou:
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Good job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!