Ab Toner

Options
What do people think of these i have one but it dont have the same effect on me like it does with my slim partner lol

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    The best "thing" you can buy for working your abs is a simple ab wheel. IT's good from beginner to advanced. Pick one up for $10 at your local sporting good store and look on youtube for videos on how to properly use it.
  • Kashton2011
    Kashton2011 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have one also but think I'm definitely in the 'gullible' group! You only ever see people who already have abs like a washboard on the advertisements etc so maybe its a tool to keep the ones you have defined. I certainly don't think they are for overweight people like myself
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    You can do planks for free.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I have an ab roller and enjoy that. Okay, enjoy probably isn't the word for it. I can use it and it works me out HARD. I really need to pull that thing back out. Thanks for the reminder!
  • jdressel
    jdressel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    re: the ab wheel

I use one!! I love it.

And I only recently re-joined a gym, due to moving, etc. I had to decrease the weights on all the machines from not having lifted in quite some time. BUT - the ab wheel kept my core strong. I didn't have to decrease the weight on the ab machine at all!! It's an intense workout, that little wheel!
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    Options

So very true. Planking for a minute burns 100 calories. So doing it off and on again throughout the day you can burn up to 500 if you want. I alernate planking with superman and it feels great :)
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options

So very true. Planking for a minute burns 100 calories. So doing it off and on again throughout the day you can burn up to 500 if you want. I alernate planking with superman and it feels great :)

So you're saying I can have a can of regular mountain dew, then just do 90 seconds of planking to burn it all off?

=P

Giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you typo'd 10 calories.

Because it burns around 10-15 calories per minute.
  • SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    Options

So you're saying I can have a can of regular mountain dew, then just do 90 seconds of planking to burn it all off?

=P

Giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you typo'd 10 calories.

Because it burns around 10-15 calories per minute.

I was just thinking, 'If planking burns 100 calories a minute, no one would ever do any other exercise again. Except for those that like working out, of course'
  • roduk
    roduk Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What affect are you trying to achieve? If you want to see your abs you have to lose body fat. All the sit ups in the world wont make a difference if your bodyfat % is too high. You cant target body sites for fat loss. eat well and your abs will start to appear :). i think youd be better off steering clear of an ab toner.doing core strengthening exercises may aid in giving you a flatter stomach if thats the look youre after.
  • kirstierose
    Options
    Thanks everyone lots of great advice :)