If you could have a lover OR a FWB

Options

Replies

• drivefstfighthrd
    Options
    I already have a FWB, it works out great.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'd get a cat.
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I've done the FWB thing. While it was fun, it wasn't meaningful.

I definitely prefer having a lover.
  • _Calvin_
    _Calvin_ Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting out of a long relationship. The last part was sexless for quite some time. Give me a FWB for now.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    FWB, so much easier.
  • nikki_att84
    nikki_att84 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    ive had the fwb and feel in love with him! pretty much such when u realize that and ur not on the same page! so im gonna say lover at least u want the same thing!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Since this was posted (yes I had a goofy answer then) have read through several discussions of this issue and while some bit of generalization have concluded that to many ladies the definition of FWB is what lover here was.
    In contrast the definition of FWB to a guy matches exactly how it was defined here.

Something ladies should understand as they contemplate entering into one.
  • 9thwardchick
    9thwardchick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Both. Because sometimes I want to talk and other times I just want to F***!:laugh:
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    FWB !! :D
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Which would it be, and why? Those are your two options only.

A lover is a person that receives more than just sex. They receive words of affirmation, kindness, caresses, cuddling, kisses, and everything that centers on and around those feelings and acts. The ‘love’ portion of a relationship. A lover is only marginally involved in your entire life. You may discuss a few things here and there, but it’s mostly about making each other feel good.

A FWB is a person that, while you MIGHT hang out once in a while, you will only call on for sex – the physical aspect of it. This person will not get upset if you don’t call them for days, but will always be a willing participant (as long as it works for both of you) for the physical. There is very little cuddling and no need for words of affirmation.

edited for definitions.

I am taking applications for both....any applicants??? lol...
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'd sooner have a bacon sandwich
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    well, I have both.
    And maybe my fwb is doing it Wrong. Because we hang out 4 times a week, cuddle a little, talk a ton, the days we aren't together we text each other all the time.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    A non-physical fwb. I know that sounds weird, and I'm not sure if it actually exists. I'm not ready for a real relationship, but there's a guy I flirt with. He used to really like me, but now we live across the state and know it wouldn't work long distance. But the words of affirmation and encouragement are nice.
  • drivefstfighthrd
    Options
    The idea of a lover is for those people that want to give and take, that want companionship.

The idea of FWB is to be selfish.

I want to live my life and do as I please, now come over and ride me harder than bucking bronco.. I know when to cum and go.. I completely love being selfish right now. I'm sure one day I'll be over it and want compainship. Until then. I'm loving this!!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    well, I have both.
    And maybe my fwb is doing it Wrong. Because we hang out 4 times a week, cuddle a little, talk a ton, the days we aren't together we text each other all the time.

That sounds more like a relationship. :flowerforyou:
  • KaidaKantri
    Options
    FWB - cause i've got a husband for the lover. i could get a girl for the FWB and have all my needs met! :smooched:

I totally agree with this! :)
  • PilotX
    PilotX Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I want a smoking hot beautiful wife :glasses:
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I am married but if I were single I would prefer a lover I think. How about both - at the same time?
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    Which would it be, and why? Those are your two options only.

A lover is a person that receives more than just sex. They receive words of affirmation, kindness, caresses, cuddling, kisses, and everything that centers on and around those feelings and acts. The ‘love’ portion of a relationship. A lover is only marginally involved in your entire life. You may discuss a few things here and there, but it’s mostly about making each other feel good.

absolutely a lover.

luckily, i already have one in the form of a relationship; however, if i were single, this is what i would want. it would be a scaled-down version of what i already have.
  • KaidaKantri
    Options
    I personally would rather have a lover. I've had FWB's before, and the sex just isn't that fantastic. However, I would LOVE to have a lady FWB :)