Ladies: How do you deal with TOM craziness?

Options
I have had TOM issues for forever and I don't really want to post about it but I am sincerely
desperate for it to change. How do you deal with the INTENSE cravings ? I have tried
to have just "one piece" of chocolate or a tiny bag of chips when these cravings hit
but it is like waving a red flag in front of a bull ... and just about as feminine! There are
so many women who are at healthy weight and I realize that they work hard at it, but
this gets so annoyed. What is your secret? The rest of the month is pretty well
controlled...I keep losing and gaining the same seven pounds. Sometimes I wish
I were a guy so I didn't have to deal with all this garbage! Okay, maybe not, but
I think you know what I mean.

Replies

• cheergirl1993
    cheergirl1993 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Bump
    Id like to hear responses as well as its that week.........
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Are you on BC? If so, what kind? After I had my baby, my OB put me on Norethindrone, the Progestin-only pill (POP), or sometimes referred to as the "minipill". He prescribed it because the regular kind can screw with milk production. I've been on it for over 5 months; the first two months I had a period, and then after that they just stopped, which they say is common with the minipill. Not sure if your Dr. can prescribe the same ones for you, but it might be worth looking into, if your hormones are all over the place.
  • Becky_Boop
    Options
    I allow myself one take away per month (kinda like everyone else's cheat days but monthly) i time this for during that time.
    I also buy a bar of dark chocolate and allow myself a strip per day for that week, along with low cal frozen yogurt and low cal hot chocolate!
    Apart from that I just get through it with lots of water, keep up with my excersise and strong painkillers! x
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    My cravings are basically the salty kind. I allow myself to give in...slightly. Then move on and forget it. But I hear ya on the "I wish I was a guy part" at least once a month, lol.
  • marinturner
    marinturner Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I discoverd an "ice cream" made from monk fruit called Arctic Zero. Not quite the same as ice cream, but it hits the spot and the whole pint is only 150 calories. You may want to see if you can find that. Also, I make myself the Meta-D recipe every mornning. I have been doing this for a week or so no and I have just started TOM. So far so good with noooo cravings.