Having trouble w/ calories? Read this :)

Options
13»

Replies

• pink2lady
    pink2lady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Bump,,,thanks for this post
  • Ilovetrish
    Options
    Gave me 959 calories a day. Darn that's not much.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Gave me 959 calories a day. Darn that's not much.

Are you sure you didn't miss a step like I did? I didn't do the xheight in inches. Makes a huge difference. You can also try this website - I found it very helpful and easy to follow www.free-workout-routines.net/tdee.html
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    bump
  • katierechgomez
    Options
    Mine came to 1518 calories/day to lose weight. That is 300 more than MFP says--which may/may not be a good thing. I def think 1200 is a bit low but 1500 might be too much. Maybe if I switch it up between 1200-1500 during the week, then it will be OK. I have heard that it helps to change it up and alternate higher calore days with lower calorie days. Has anyone else heard that or found success with it?
  • lessofme65
    lessofme65 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, not so sure this is right for me. MFP has me at 1200 and this calculation comes to 1967.91. Huge difference, think I'll stick with the 1200 and eating half of my exercise calories. Thanks for the calculations though, it was fun to figure out :)
  • Natster_uk
    Natster_uk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    TDEE 1350
    MFP 1200

I don't know which to follow!! Think I'll stick with MFP!
  • AquaDITN
    AquaDITN Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    should the men's figure be 66 + whatever, when the womens is 655??

mine worked out the same as MFP which is still a bit lower than the figure i actually maintain on.
  • shsdlt
    shsdlt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. Thanks for the formula, but wanted to check one number...are you sure the starting number in the formula for women is "655" and not "65"? Just found it odd that the number in the beginning of the formula for women is 3 digits and for men is only 2 digits. Thanks much!
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hi. Thanks for the formula, but wanted to check one number...are you sure the starting number in the formula for women is "655" and not "65"? Just found it odd that the number in the beginning of the formula for women is 3 digits and for men is only 2 digits. Thanks much!
    Yep I know it seems a lot different and I was confused when I first saw this formula but yes it's the correct number :)