Pumpkin muffin recipies??

Options
KalikaRae
KalikaRae Posts: 37 Member
Ok, I love pumpkin. Does anyone have any good pumpkin muffin recipies? Something I can make ahead for a quick but still healthy breakfast in a hurry. Thats a weakness, if Im in a hurry in the morning, I have to grab something on the way to work, and the only options are usually dunkin donuts and sonic. Eeek!

Replies

• lorig_2000
    lorig_2000 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I don't have any handy, but if you get your hands on these cookbooks they are awesome:

Eat Shrink and Be Merry
    Looneyspoons
    Crazy Plates

All written by two sisters. Fattening tasting recipes scaled down in calories and fat but not flavour! There are some good quickbread recipes in those.
  • leeee94
    leeee94 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    -1 box spice cake mix
    -1 can pumpkin
    -1 cup water

That's it! Weight watchers recipe.
  • NancyTN
    NancyTN Posts: 3
    Options
    This is a One Point Muffin recipe from Weight Watchers. I do not know the calorie switch over at this time though.

Box of Devils Food Cake Mix
    1 Can Pumpkin Pie Filling
    1/4 Cup Cocoa
    1/2 Pumpkin Can - Water

Mix all together, put into muffin pan, bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

I have made these and they are good. Hope you like them if you try.:smile:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    All of these sound good.
  • Sharlene113
    Sharlene113 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bump! YUMMMMY!
  • Cdposey26
    Cdposey26 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Paleo Muffins

1 ½ cups almond flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, plus more for sprinkling on tops of muffins

1/8 teaspoon salt

3 eggs

3 tablespoons maple syrup

¾ cup canned pumpkin

1 small ripe banana, mashed

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/3 cup chopped pecans (plus more to sprinkle on top)

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper liners or use coconut oil to grease pan.

In a large bowl whish together almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside

In a small bowl whisk together eggs, pumpkin, banana, and vanilla extract. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix to combine. Stir in pecans until well incorporated.

Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan cups filling ¾ full. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with pecans and pumpkin pie spice.

Bake muffins for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
  • Cdposey26
    Cdposey26 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Paleo Muffins

1 ½ cups almond flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, plus more for sprinkling on tops of muffins

1/8 teaspoon salt

3 eggs

3 tablespoons maple syrup

¾ cup canned pumpkin

1 small ripe banana, mashed

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/3 cup chopped pecans (plus more to sprinkle on top)

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper liners or use coconut oil to grease pan.

In a large bowl whish together almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside

In a small bowl whisk together eggs, pumpkin, banana, and vanilla extract. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix to combine. Stir in pecans until well incorporated.

Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan cups filling ¾ full. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with pecans and pumpkin pie spice.

Bake muffins for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.

I just made these and they take about 15min prep 20min in the oven
  • StickyFish
    StickyFish Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ok, hear me out, because these are the tastiest pumpkin muffin's I've ever made.

http://www.theppk.com/2009/11/the-best-pumpkin-muffins/

They're vegan but something like almond or soy milk is really easy to get at the store and the author is a bit of a vegan genius! They're extra good with walnuts chopped in. I hope you get all of the pumpkiny goodness you desire!
  • KalikaRae
    Options
    Thanx everyone! Im gonna give these a try. Ive got a food saver so Im gonna try to freeze a few for a quick grab n go type thing
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Cookinglight.com

Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
    Ingredients
    1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
    1 cup granulated sugar
    1 cup canned pumpkin
    1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
    1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
    2 tablespoons canola oil
    1 large egg
    2/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped (such as Craisins)

Preheat oven to 375°.

Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and next 5 ingredients (though cloves); stir well with a whisk. Combine granulated sugar and next 5 ingredients (through egg) in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 3 minutes). Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; beat at low speed just until combined. Fold in cranberries.

Place 12 paper muffin cup liners in muffin cups; coat liners with cooking spray. Spoon batter into prepared cups. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove muffins from pan immediately; place on a wire rack.

Yum ... getting to be that time of year ...
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Bump--I woke up craving pumpkin bread!
  • KalikaRae
    Options
    TeaBea---Wow, that sounds good looking at the ingreients. I have a chocolate cake I make with buttermilk and its frickin awesome!! I have to make it when ive got friends and family around to help eat it or I'll eat the whole frickin thing. I just got a tub of dried cranberries and cherries, so I think Ill try that soon.
  • lorig_2000
    lorig_2000 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    What size can of pumpkin for the WW muffins?
  • jeslyn2360
    Options
    Easiest low calorie pumpkin recipe ever!

1 box of yellow cake mix (do not add the oil, eggs or milk)
    1 can of pureed pumpkin

Mix together the 2 ingredients and bake at 350 for 15 mins.
    You can freeze the leftovers for later.

ENJOY!

I have been told they are 20 calories each.