Protein Shakes

Options
I am willing to try protein shakes. They are expensive and all look the same. Please tell me which one tastes the best. Thanks!

Replies

• Eagles802051
    Eagles802051 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you just want a great tasting one i'd go for Syntha-6 by BSN. They taste amazing with milk but are just a little higher on the carb and fat side.
  • roduk
    roduk Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    do you know which protein shake you are after. you have whey protein which tends to act faster, gets absorbed faster, good for post weights based exercise. Or a protein blend, which contains whey, casein, and or egg and even soy proteins. this is a time released specific blend, it will keep yo fuller for longer and protein gets absorbed at different rates, great for rebuilding recovery. If i had to choose id go protein blend. A good tasting blend is Matrix 5.0, its pretty cheap. when you compare whey protein to other sources like chicken i think you'll find its actually pretty cost effective. the best tasting blend ive tried is Allmax Hexapro. try the chocolate, this stuff is unreal, its what im currently taking but its expensive compaed to other. Ronnie coleman does a good tasting blend also.
  • drateno
    drateno Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks so much for the information. I have been on this diet for about 90 days with success but I am looking for something that is fast, great tasting and will keep me full for a while.
  • yvette6914
    Options
    Chike is good and not too expensive. The carbs are low and the protein is 28G each.
  • v_mdravensfan
    v_mdravensfan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Try the Whey Protein Shakes from Biggest Loser show. You can buy at GNC or Vitacost.com and they are very well balanced. The chocolate has 6g of fiber per scoop, but they don't taste gritty at all. I do 4 ounces of 1% milk, 4% of water, and 2-3 ice cubes for a great slushy chocolate shake. At only 50 calories per scoop you can have 2 in that mix and it tastes even better!

Add yogurt or coffee for more flavor.
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    If you just want a great tasting one i'd go for Syntha-6 by BSN. They taste amazing with milk but are just a little higher on the carb and fat side.

I second this...syntha 6 is some good stuff. I also like optimum nutrition. Especially the vanilla ice cream.
  • drateno
    drateno Posts: 12
    Options
    I think I like your suggestion the best. Thanks so much
  • MissV1982
    Options
    isowhey chocolate is yummy :)
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I recently sampled the full range of samples available via myprotein.com. Personally, I found coffee or banana flavours work the best. Fruity flavours like strawberry or raspberry tend to have an aftertaste and make your protein shaker smell despite rigerous washing, whilst chocolate/toffee/nut flavours are just bland. I have used different brands before, and taste wise, they are much of a muchness. This is just my view of course :smile:
  • Scott277
    Scott277 Posts: 63
    Options
    Yeh i just bought a load of samples off www.myprotein.com

Getting delivered Monday, add me if u want and ill tell u ther results. Also just ordered a tub of mixed fruit one because I reckon I will like that best!